Convoy!

Like this for parts on your truck.

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Ha ā€¦ You wonā€™t get me that quick ā€¦ Iā€™ve just ordered the gun truck ā€¦ :grin::grin::+1:

2 Likes

Technicals ok?

I was partial to this one back then:

2 Likes

Convoy is a great title!

This might be interesting. Iā€™ve failed miserably at finishing builds this year, so wonā€™t commit now, but this is definitely interesting.

Sure are!

1 Like

I too have a high failure rate, but it doesnā€™t stop me trying! (They do say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different resultā€¦)

1 Like

And Iā€™d love to see some big-scale chrome rigs in the mix! Had the Kenworth conventional tractor back in the day - what a beast! That was when Movinā€™ On was on the televisionā€¦

I built a few AMT 1/25th scale Truck and trailer kits for my brother back in the late 70ā€™s. Not so fond memories of poor fit, warped parts and short shotsā€¦ and of course he wanted scratch built parts to ā€˜Australianiseā€™ them.

1 Like

Count me in!

Cheers, D

4 Likes

It is my understanding that Round2 has been cleaning up the molds in their latest releases of the classic kits or at that is what he has been reporting on some of the builds. hpiguys Workshop - YouTube

Considering those kits werenā€™t new when I was building them nearly 50 years ago, itā€™s high time the tooling got refreshed! But back then they seemed awesomeā€¦

1 Like

I am going to try some newā€¦.finish :rofl: a started kit. :rofl::roll_eyes:

The AMT Mack R685st, I attempted and failed on the commercial trucking campaign in 2021.

1 Like

Just joined, looking for some info on a photo with a truck so why not.

5 Likes

Plenty of trucks in my stash so why not- Iā€™m in!

Cheers,
Angel

3 Likes

Welcome aboard the site and campaign. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to modelling madness 101ā€¦ You picked the right place to ask lots of questionsā€¦ Someone in here will steer you in the right directionā€¦ What truck you thinking about ?

2 Likes

Come on in, weā€™ll put the kettle on! This should be a fun campaign and Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what everyone builds. What did you have in mind? (You mentioned a photo - can you share it or a link to it?)

1 Like

My F-350 dually from the 2021 build never got finished, Iā€™d like to finish it for this build and maybe add another after.

2 Likes

Iā€™m eyeing the Aoshima 1/72 JGSDF 3.5t Fuel tanker for aviation that I started back in 2023? :wave:

1 Like