Convoy!

Yep, happened to me before as well, I really should have known better. Not too upset though, I’m on a bit of a “busted and rusted” binge at the moment, so I will still be able to build it up. It might well end up something like this . . . . . . . . :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers, D

7 Likes

That looks sensational!

1 Like

Totally agree, inspirational work. One day, when I grow up . . . . . . . . . .

I would recommend pairing the Italeri kit with the Tamiya truck as they already have an open cab version and you don’t need to waste a good closed top, imho. Basically swap the beds.

1 Like

Burdisio has inspired me a lot too.

1 Like

@ Tom (barkingdigger)
Just had a thought: Shouldn’t the completion date be 2024-03-31T06:00:00Z ?

—mike

That’d be a year and a month…

2 Likes

He did say Denver time… they may need an extra 30 days to equal the output everyone else’s 365 days (or 366 given 2024 is a leap year)

:grin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding Mike!!

4 Likes

It that an option for longer time cause I am down for it. Jest saying.

2 Likes

Aw poo. I woke up today thinking this was the jumping-off point. Gotta wait another month! Well, happy February anyway!

Jimbo

2 Likes

Egg planted firmly on my face! :fried_egg::man_facepalming:

I’ve been stuck in my ‘VOMAG’ — massive winter traffic jam on Vail Pass (not really), Just chomping at the bit! Wanna’ get the ugly duckling moving in the supply chain ! :articulated_lorry:

Oh well, at least Jimbo is as excited as I am.
—mike :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Ok … Just calm the f*** down soldier … :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

…as the shout of “Wait for it! Wait for it!” echoes across the parade ground! :grin:

3 Likes

And then we find out we have to March 01 :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

1 Like

Yes, Sir, Sgt. Johnnych01… Sir! :saluting_face:

1 Like

Breaker one nine …good lad ,… now down and give me 20 lol :grin::grin::+1:

3 Likes

And between you and me Mike, I thought it started today as well :grin::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That’s a big 10-4… Avoiding the “20” so I’ll be rollin’ over to ‘Sci-Fi’ now. ETA: 4:00 p.m. sharp, MTN Time (at least that’s what Siri says!). :clock4::flying_saucer:

2 Likes

Never forget that deadlines are always negotiable! :thinking:

We’ll reassess next Feb…

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to this build. The Liberty Truck has been sitting on my shelf for several months and it needs some sort of cargo. I thought maybe a wrecked 1/32 scale SPAD maybe with a tarp over part of it might be fun. A pal suggested that a disabled FT-17 might work but as an old trucker myself I wasn’t sure if the Liberty would take the 6 or 7 tons of that light tank. Browsing through the Vargas website this popped up:

Perfect! I ordered one and it should be here in a few days. The truck bed could be filled with ammo crates & other bits & pieces needed to support such a gun.

Paul, rarin’ to go!

8 Likes