Convoy!

Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind …:+1:

You’re more than welcome in our little parade! Any hints of what you plan to build?

1 Like

Ok I break the suspense ! :grinning:

M1078 with a ring weapon mount and updated markings.
I have the kit in the stash since a long time, so this campaign is the opportunity to open the box.

2 Likes

Sounds very good …:+1:

I hope to do something different for IX, I screwed up and didn’t get anything finished in time for VIII despite several false starts. I’ll probably go Steam/Dieselpunk for this year’s upcoming Railway group build (if the parameters which haven’t been set yet permit) as well, although I’ve still not done anything for the current Lineside Structures campaign and I doubt it will be the derelict Victorian privy I was originally thinking of. I’ll probably go with 1:87th to 1:72nd for railway related builds, 1:56th to 1:24th for “Convoy!” and “Indeterminate” for SF…

Cheers,

M

“Dieselpunk”? That’s a new term to me!

1 Like

:+1: Thank you !

It’s actually been around for a couple of decades but is less well known than “Steampunk” (Victorian Sci-Fi) from which it follows on (and to some extent overlaps). “Steampunk” has (obviously) steam as the main source of power, mechanical computers and airships arriving early (with antigravity/levitation in the later stages of the era). Dieselpunk has increasing use of internal combustion engines, electrical (not electronic) computing and inter war aesthetics - think streamlined steam locomotives and Art Deco styling; the intro to “Poirot” on TV has the right feel to it.

and the movie “Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow” gets the visuals right. “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” is also Dieselpunk in style albeit set in the latter end of the Steampunk era.
“Porco Rosso” and other Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli anime could also be regarded as Dieselpunk.

Regards,

M

1 Like

I am in - probably something as trival as a German or Ukrainian fuel truck.

1 Like

OK Tom, although I have a pretty dismal track record with Group Builds any time I try, I’m in, I’d like to do the Italeri/Peerless Max WC-54 Ambulance (the conversation in the “MiniArt Panel Truck” thread pushed me to it). I tend to build things buttoned up so not a lot of detail to worry about. Only AM I’d use is the Archer Transfers Ambulance markings set, maybe some detail parts here and there…. Photo of kit contents below; the only things started are the wheels (adding model RxR nut/bolt parts to the hubs) and filling some ugly sink marks. I assume this is OK?
Questions: do we have to wait until 3/1/23 to officially start? Do we start a build thread on our own? I clicked ‘Going’ but am not sure about the ‘create an Event’ comment in you initial post.

Jimbo

7 Likes

Jimbo that looks fine! No worries about the wheels, and frankly the only way I’d know if you jump the gun is if you posted it here for all to see. (And nobody would do that…)

The “create event” is leftover boilerplate from the template to set up a campaign - please ignore it. Whether you post your progress here or in a bespoke thread is up to you, as long as you post plenty of links and put a few “completed” pics here when you are done. I’m lazy and just put my posts in the main thread…

Fingers crossed you break the cycle and get this one done!

3 Likes

Thanks so much, I thought it might not apply… I can hold off on starting, got plenty of shelf queens I’m trying to push to the end anyway. Onward!

Jimbo

@ Jimbo: Looking forward to seeing how your ‘WC-54 Ambulance’ goes together. I’ve got one in the stash, but that’s for another time. :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

2 Likes

Any issue with joining in with this?

2 Likes

I think it does not match to the subject as the text above talks about trucks.

It says anything bigger then a Jeep, check. Basically a modern day Beep which is allowed. Tom will be by for the final say.

This is a tricky one, but I’m OK with it as it’s a “truck-like” platform. I know it started as an armed scout car to replace hummers, but it does seem to have more cargo-oriented variants in the range for Engineers, Utility, and Command functions so I’d treat it as a gun-truck of sorts. Granted it’s kinda borderline…

1 Like

Ill default to the 1083 as not feeling the HEMTT unless I get a buyer that motivates the build for me. Plus it will build up faster for me as being so close to the HIMARS just finishing.

My wife wants me to build the RFM panther she bought me so that will bump the M1240A1 I guess.

Change of plans at Reg HQ!
The Italeri Opel Blitz was a pre-loved bargain from a show, and close inspection of the contents should have occured at the time, not now :thinking:
There are instructions and decals and a couple of sprues from 2 kits, a few parts off sprues, and a couple of parts missing (including all of the parts for one rear dual wheel :cry:), so back in the “deal with this crap later” pile it goes.

Back to Scalemates to browse my stash and this one caught my eye :heart_eyes:

Plan to do it with a bit of a twist, something like this, to go with a couple of Chevy Blitz builds for a derelict farm/civvy vehicles dio.

Cheers, D

7 Likes

Nice idea Damian. Bummer about the second hand kit. It has happened to many of us.

1 Like