Copper State Canadian Armoured MG Carrier

I know it is a wee bit late, but you might try the Android App Hobby Color Converter. If you do a global search on Moss Green, you get a nice list with possibilities…

1 Like

That is one cool looking beast! Great job on it!

It looks great and you did a good job. The 5 figures that CSM has released are well worth the money so I do recommend them.

It’s unfortunate that CSM did not mold the wheels correctly with the three rows of holes as they are such a distinctive feature. I did hear that Formations might be offering a corrected set of wheels if he can figure out how to cast them, or perhaps someone will offer a 3D printed set.

I am admittedly not the most observant of individuals. What wheel holes are you referring to?

Destroyed_Armoured_Autocar

Steve Zaloga drilled his by hand using a jig. I believe he has photos on his Facebook page. From all the wartime pictures I’ve seen where the tires are clearly visible, it does appear that all the Autocars had these tires.

1 Like

Oh brilliant. I kept looking at the rims not the tires. Thanks for that picture, I’d never seen it.

No way I’m drilling those by hand though.

Outstanding build of a very unusual armoured vehicle Don, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:. I’ve been tempted to buy one of the Copper State WW1 vehicles, but I think you’ve finally convinced me, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

1 Like

@G-man69 You can’t really go wrong with them.
I think they’re really nice kits, a lot like Wingnut Wings in mould quality and presentation. Lovely instructions with reference photos that can be really helpful.
Not to hijack the thread, I did a build log earlier in the year of their Lanchester and it’s a great kit.

2 Likes

I was tempted to say that the instructions looked a tad like those from WNW, but wasn’t sure, :roll_eyes: :thinking:. Will check out your Lanchester build Stephen, thanks, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:

1 Like

The picture comes from the Wikipedia entry, which has a few others that show the holes. The written parts in Wikipedia can be hit and miss, but they tend to have some good pictures.

1 Like

@phantom_phanatic Build is done, hijack a way!

@G-man69, other than one alignment issue which I’m certain was my fault, this thing went together like a Lego kit. I’m going to grab some of their other kits for sure.

2 Likes

They definitely took a lot of inspiration from WNW. I like that they go that extra bit for the modeller.
I do need to get back onto that one now that I have a case to put it in. Will probably make a return to the log over the holidays to get it across the finish line.
Hope you get yourself one, they’re all good kits.

1 Like

This is where my Lanchester is currently at.

Still needs a bit of work and final fit of doors, hatches, visor etc. Finalise weathering and the machine gun needs something to bring it to life.
I did have to scratch build the interior as it was completely empty. Just enough to show what was inside. This was one of their first kits and is really the only criticism of it. They took it onboard and have planned to release an aftermarket set for it. Every kit since had had an interior, so great that they learned from it.

3 Likes