CORRUGATED ROOFING in 1/35

Looking for metal roofing for a one off build in 1/35 scale. Amazon has some with kinda high prices. But I still dont know if its in the right scale. Anyone have any to recommend?

3 Likes

I actually thought of doing the same thing also using brass tubing and cutting down the rods the same way with hobby lobby stock. i might end up going this route.

It’ll be a good way to make as much as you need, just find aluminum or copper foil to make it. then apply paint, rust and texture and you’re all set. I’ve even seen this tool to make it really quick.

3 Likes

Buy an HO Suydam kit on eBay… Make sure you look at the directions. Some don’t have any. Some have a metric assload. This particular one has extra pieces as I plan to replace the three sliding doors with wooden ones, as I saw last week:

1 Like

https://evergreenscalemodels.com/collections/0401-0mm-opaque-white-polystyrene-corrugated-metal-siding

1 Like

I use this, very cheap printed on FDM printer and you can scale it up and down and print it in different sizes :wink:

3 Likes

I might end up going with this idea. The only thing is it seems to come in just one side corrugated and the other smooth. If I am looking at it right.

Another option.

It is corrugated on both sides. I used the .030" on this roof.

2 Likes

There is another way!
Corrugated cardboard. Many sizes. Carefully peel off both sides.
The below image is all cardboard in 1/48 scale.

1 Like

I think K&S had a premade metal corrugated sheet.