Curvy Tanks Campaign

Impressive work!!! As always. :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Looks great with all your extra work Ezra! That is gonna turn out killer I’m sure :smirk:
And thank you for the birthday greetings!

1 Like

Currently finishing up the same kit but OOB. You put me to shame. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I think no one objects to this kind of photo heavy posts :+1:

Looks really great, nice to see how everyone made a slightly different version of the M51… I have the feeling there could be a dozen more different versions :grinning:

That opened telephone bo on the rear is a great detail!

1 Like

Too bad we can’t get them all together for a group photo. :smirk:

2 Likes

That would be a nice picture…

As this campagne is going until mid september… I might add another Sherman…
I have this second hand kit…

and in the box is all kinds of stuff…

and the remains of the original kit…

According to what the former owner wrote on the box this should become an M51… but… we’ll see :grinning:

3 Likes

With add-ons, you tripled the value of the model :grin:

1 Like

Thanks guys!

@bwilt If you need any help with making an accurate M51 or figuring out what variant it can make DM me and I would love to help! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Panzer_modeler Thanks for the offer, I have this book: https://www.trackpadpublishing.com/tanks-of-the-early-idf-v3
That has lots of info on the Shermans, and it shows the IDF used all kinds of different hulls and turrets, especially in the earlier years…

Still plugging away at my Elvis M48. Lately I had done the detail painting of some stowage items, and added the field cargo packs onto the turret grab rails based on where they are in the movie

my way…

Next up, flat coat and final bits & detail painting, then weathering.

7 Likes

Ok so the M51 is base painted, had markings applied, and added a wash and some oil rendering. I painted it with a custom mix of Hatacka paints

All the markings are hand-painted except the license plate. It might not be 100% accurate for a M51 Dalet but I can live with it.

The stowage is just base coated, after chipping it will get all painted.

Loving the result so far.

9 Likes

Nice! Very Nice!!!

@Stikpusher : Looks really great, strange no-one thought of this one for the movie star group build…

@Panzer_modeler Sure looks good, and like the way you did those antenna’s very much!

1 Like

Carlos raised in that thread …

Over the holiday weekend it was quite busy, but I was able to get a few more small bench sessions in: flat coat, painting of the stowage & dust covers, and washes on those items.

I think a couple more sessions and I can call this one finished.

8 Likes

You are doing a great job Carlos. The canvas parts are especially nice.

1 Like

@petbat, Thanks Peter, the canvas was Vallejo Panzer Aces “canvas” with an oil wash of Burnt Umber and dry brushed faded OD highlights.

Well it’s one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go cat go!
I’m calling this beast finished. Dragon’s 1/35 M48A1, (Magach boxing) done up as Elvis’s ride in “GI Blues”. Markings are cobbled together from what I have in my decal bin. The TC figure was originally from the Academy KIFV, modified slightly.

And I made up a simple base for it as well…

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques welcome…
Thank you very much… :wink:

9 Likes

That looks amazing!!!
I really love the restrained weathering.

Now for some not restrained weathering…
I figured these saw a ton of service up until they were retired so I wanted it to be fairly weathered but not abandoned… I think I only partly succeeded. Luckily it’s gonna be covered in a ton of dust so you wont see all the rust as much.

Here are the pics. As you can see all its needs is final stowage painting and dust!

Also, Shhhhh but this might be getting a base. :shushing_face:

What do yall think?

8 Likes

Thanks Ezra! Your M51 is looking pretty damn sharp as well! You’re really kicking that build up a few notches from what comes in the box. Everything is looking right on target.

Absolutely stunning work guys. Great builds.

…Ladies and Gentleman, Elvis (Carlos) has left the building…