Curvy Tanks Campaign

I can agree with Peter’s points: Great builds, guys!

:wink:

4 Likes

Closing in on the finish line…

10 Likes

Really nice worn look, grungy without being too abused. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful finish Ezra! That has to be one of the meanest looking Sherman’s that I’ve ever seen. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Great weathering, Ezra!

1 Like

Thanks guys!
I was unhappy with the lack of detail on the barrel mounted .50 so I did some scratchbuilding outta copper sheet :rofl:

Looks much better me thinks.

6 Likes

Wow, that sure look fantastic!!

My progress, slow as the weather is far to nice to do a lot of glueing…

6 Likes

Great looking M50! Is that a scissor mount .30 cal?

Working on a base for the 51. Liking it so far.

Might be able to finish this up over the weekend.

9 Likes

Thats what I tried to make… from left over bits of plastic…

And a bit of free style detailing… those who like models to be absolutely accurate better not look :grin:

7 Likes

It is getting closer to the painting stage…

And working on the tracks…

Might finish this just in time…

5 Likes

Are these front fuselage bags a ready-made set or your “joyful creativity”?

It is a set, but I don’t thnk the IDF used this a lot… so adding it to an M50 is my “joyful creativity” …

I was just about to ask if you have photos of such bags … what kind of set is it ??

To be honoust… no idea… it is a second hand kit, with all kinds of added stuff in the kit… picked it up for 20 euro… the sandbags, the stowage, the resin parts, the tracks… there wasn’t much left of the original kit :grin:

I was intrigued by these bags … maybe the experts can comment on the possible achievement of them? And the idea and model are good! :+1:

In all honesty, I can’t see the IDF using sandbags on the glacis. Up against post war weapons they would have almost no effect, compared to the weight penalty on the suspension and drivetrain. The Arabs were quite well armed by the time that the M51 was fielded.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! :clap:

Ok, got a bit of color on…

5 Likes