Curvy Tanks Campaign

After seeing some real nice builds going on here, I want in. Hoping this one will do. Starting out with:

Had a hard time tracking this kit down, had to get it from Germany. Needed this specific kit because I also have this:

Pretty different from the usual, and it’s in the game World of Tanks but wasn’t a tank destroyer but a casemated tank. The designation is made up, rather it was one in a long line of design proposals for better heavy tanks in the 1950’s. Chrysler’s 5th design got fairly far with a wooden mockup built and engineering diagrams were drawn up. For more info: 120mm Gun Tank T110 - Tank Encyclopedia

Upper and lower. Will only need the lower.

Most of the running gear in place, smaller pieces to be added later

Two halves glued. Also glued some styrene on the underside of the resin top and a spacer glued to the bottom hull for added peace of mind, I guess.

As you can see getting things to line up just right was hard and there are gaps all over the place that needed filling. Skipped some steps just to make sure things would line up the best I could get it.

The build continues. Anyone know what figures would be good for late 50’s/early 60’s tankers? US tankers is one of the things I don’t really have in the stash. Thanks.

5 Likes

You will need to build fast Bro… the end date is today! :dizzy_face:

You would be best off looking for a set of figures for the Korean war to fit your era. Something like:

1 Like

Is it? Another failure to complete from me then… Oh well, where’s the next “get it done” campaign?

Oh really, already? Guess I waited to long to jump in. Oh well.

I had seen some Korean war era figures, so I guess I’ll be picking some up. Thanks. Guess I’ll post my progress in a build log or something.

1 Like

Bro - May I suggest you ask the Campaign Leader @Annette_Dominic if he is willing to extend the build date a bit. I would love to see you build this here.

I have no idea how that would be done :sweat_smile:

Neither do I, but maybe edit the first post?

I don’t know either but campaign awards are assigned till after you submit the user names. When you do that is up to you. :sunglasses:

You may want to contact a Campaigns Guru (Klaus_Adler or SSGTOMS spring to mind) for advice.

It won’t help me, as my build is still in raw plastic, and at my painting rate it would take months rather than weeks to finish…

If you want to extend this campaign it’s simple. Just let me know what your new end date is and I will extend the campaign and edit the header post. Done!

I think going back to the original suggestion if of 12 months would be good.

If it gets that much time I can finish!

2 Likes

Is that what you want to do then? 12 months? I need a definite decision.

Yes I do.

Done. THE NEW END DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN IS SEPTEMBER 22, 2022.

1 Like

So your saying I got a chance to finish this time.

Looks like I better clear out the spray booth! :slight_smile:

Ryan I’m saying you get to put it off for another 5.5 months! :wink:

5 Likes

That’s more realistic to what is going to probably happen. :disappointed:

I have time to build another one :smirk:

1 Like