Cutting mat maintenance?

Back to my recurring nightmare…

Cutting Mat replacement happened today! … Le voilà! :grin:

Disclaimer: No kits, tools, glue, paint, animals, or humans were harmed in any way.

Happy modeling! :hocho: :hammer_and_wrench:
—mike

2 Likes

This reminds me… I’ve really gotta’ make a stand for my CA Kicker bottle… boy does that stuff smell when you spill it!

Track end connectors. Great for brushes and pencils too.

1 Like

You keep the products inside the holes, with the weight of the connector it will be hard to knock over.

I don’t think gullible is the right word. Nothing wrong with being unfamiliar with a term and we were not trying to trick you but in my mind that is what I think of as a track end connector.

For the young at heart…

H.P.

2 Likes

Hang on - how can you do anything on the workbench without a human getting hurt? I only need to look at my Xacto knife to get a cut! :sob:

1 Like

I never look. I close my eyes whenever I work. :dizzy_face::crazy_face::hammer: D’oh!

I got sick of knives etc. rolling off my perfectly level mat/bench & falling onto my feet - now I always know where they are…or if a clamp’s empty I’m in grave danger :adhesive_bandage:

1 Like

1 Like

Hey Tim, with all those knives I see it’s bold enough to mug you for your watch! :grin:

1 Like

Danger, Tim Dioramartin, Danger!! :robot:

1 Like

Hi , cousin from the antipodes! You can glue/weld a nut at the end of the handler, it will prevent it to roll. You may still loose it, though…

Wow! All these products designed to make you a better modeler! I bet a blob of Mac Tack, or similar, would work just as well. :exploding_head:
:grinning: :canada:

1 Like

The problem with my knives is they all have a loose nut on the handle at some point… :grin:

5 Likes

My son was into Warhammer modelling for a while. He bought me a scalpel blade handle from Citadel that was ergonomic and did not roll. The black section is a type of rubber for grip, but with much use, the rubber on the first half has deteriorated on mine. Sadly, they no longer sell them:

1 Like

A blob of Mac Tack will also keep your round handled tools from rolling, too! :smile_cat:
:grinning: :canada:

Hola primo! Yes, although preventing a knife rolling could increase flesh-penetration if it gets unwittingly nudged under a wrist. Leo’s Mack Tac blob did work for a while years ago until I absent-mindedly reached out across it for something, fast & at zero height - natch the blade was (a) new (b) edge-up, bisecting the web between fore- & middle-finger. I know, location location location. Did I mention…

It is mugging Jim (sorry, Tom) but not as we know it – the base-plate would inflict the financial loss because de-gaussing a fairly expensive timepiece probably doesn’t work :tumbler_glass:

All my sharp things go point down into a cutoff block of pool noodle in the bottom of an old flower vase. This is exactly why. I bleed enough on my work as it is!

2 Likes

I’ve developed a habit of always laying my tools down flat either in a tray or on the table — always pointing away from me — nothing is allowed to roll. Try it. :mask::hocho:

1 Like

Look for the Swann Morton Retractaway handle- its a sturdy metal, rectrangular handle that doesn’t roll and obviously, as the name suggests, allows the blade to be retracted away when not being used. I’ve used one for years.