CVR(T) Striker - C Sqn HCR

As promised, the kit.
1st is the donor AFV club Scimitar. There will be a few bits being used from it, namely tracks although I may get the AFV indi links further down the road. I have been warned off the Striker resin tracks as being a bit troublesome.

Next, the Striker.

The various resin parts.
No real issues on first glance, some flash a few minor stubs to sand down, but no warps and no breakages.

The white metal bits, some hatches, stowage, and all the running gear including drop arms.

There are a few issues with these bits which I will have to address for the build. The GPMG is pretty lumpy and I can’t use it, so I’m going to try and source the one by buying the Tamiya Chally 1 kit as that’s very nice, I don’t think anyone does them on their own ?? Also the wheels are very soft on detail, so I am going to have to try and Frankenstein the AFV wheels and sprockets to the metal drop arms…could be tricky…

Next is the hull.

There is some nice crisp detail here in the hull, I like the firing lines to the launch bins, and upper hull is nicely detailed.

So as it stands, I’m very happy with how it is although there will be some tricky adjustment’s that I will have to deal with.

With the ability and ease to upload pics here there will be plenty of WIP shots and lots of scope to see the various cross over parts from the AFV club to the resin base kit due to the different colours…

Stay safe. And will continue with more soon fingers crossed.

3 Likes