DAK Windwagen- a Conversion/Kitbash/Scratch Build of a Non-Armored Rommel's Funny

I have started superdetailing the Argus AS-10C engine:

Plenty of features to add…

Cheers,
Angel

3 Likes

Ummmmm :thinking: so normal modelling then Angel :grin:

Looks very nice though so far.:+1:

1 Like

It started again. 12 days of silence … and boom, erupt with something.
I bet you can’t make a model without reworking.
But you’re doing well.
Cheers :beer:
Kalin

2 Likes

He can’t help it Kalin… You should know that by now… Best to just let him produce his magic :grin:

1 Like

I’ve been idling for most of these 12 days due to the abnormally hot weather we had/still have here- If I had a thermometer in my modelling room, it would have shown 45+ grad Celsius for most of the time.

No big joy to build models in a furnace :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

:beer:
Angel

1 Like

No air conditioning lol ? I’m lucky in that I have a basement in my house that is always at least 10 degrees (Fahrenheit ) cooler than the upstairs and we have air conditioners for the 1st and 2nd floors. It’s no fun trying to model in heat and humor for sure. It was about 95 and humid today here in New York.

1 Like

That’s about 113 degrees Angel ! That’s hot!

Fascinating subject & excellent detailing Angel - I guess this is one vehicle that’s guaranteed to blow us away :kite:

1 Like

No air conditioning, Richard.

A 7th floor appartment, looking South(direct sunshine from sunrise to sundown) , French windows, no balcony e.t.c.- I was told I’ll need an industrial grade air conditioner for cooling…

On the other hand- we had 2 weeks of high pressure system, that brought air from the Lybian desert.

Cheers,
Angel

Thanks Tim!

It is a nice challenge, with a lot of detective work and scratch building- exactly the way I like it!

Hope to give the Windwagen the justice it deserves,

Cheers,
Angel

That’s somewhat ironic, considering you’re building a model of what can be seen as a king-size air fan… :wink:

H.P.

4 Likes

You’re right, Frenchy!
Only If I could make that big air fan work…

Your spot-on remark reminded me of another hot-weather-model-building case:
4 years ago I found a well preserved Sd.Anh.106(Backanhänger) in a museum, took some pictures/sizes and started scratch building it.
I built the frame and then a heat wave struck. Temperatures rose to 40+ degree Celsius and it was simply impossible to sit at the modelling bench.
I complained about the hot weather on the old forum and then Mike Koenig(@165thspc) wrote me this:
“Very sorry about that but think of the guys that baked the bread and stoked the fires on this trailer. Rather than being a modeler you are in this case, almost a reenactor!”

Cheers,
Angel

2 Likes

In the eve of another week of (SWMBO organized) holiday, I managed to add some details to the Argus AS-10 engine mounted on the back of the Windwagen:

Cheers,
Angel

6 Likes

Beautiful work Angel… It takes it to even higher levels. :+1::+1:

1 Like

This is absolutely amazing.

1 Like

Well,

I’m away from modelling bench right now, but I just received another picture of the Windwagen- a collor one and from the opposite side!!!

A big Thank You goes to Mr. Ilian Filipov - again!

I’m a happy modelbuilder!!!

Cheers,
Angel

5 Likes

Now you’re going to even busier scratch building that side lol :+1::+1:

1 Like

Sure John,

But I see some mysteries solved.

To name one- the air bottle on the mate’s side running board was used to start the Argus engine. :wink:

Cheers,
Angel

I can’t help thinking that once you’ve built this beauty (and assuming the prop is free to rotate) you could set it up on a big pile of sand and use a hair-drier with the tapered tube attachment (off-camera) to show how effective it was :cloud: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes