Death around the corner 1/35

Yes I am back! No posting the last weeks, the diorama police got me, but today they let me go.
In jail I have been building and painting a lot, therefore I must show you this one.

“Death around the corner”. Probably during the battle of the Bulge. It will be a little snow on the ground.
The hole idea with this build is to make a YouTube video showing how I make wooden beams out of styrofoam. To do that I must have a building, groundwork and a couple of figures.

I have been testing a few figures and scenarios. As many times before it ended up with some German elite soldiers.

First I was to use a POW and a yankee, but the boy is in a famous picture as you know and I was advised to not use the figure. Someday in another build he will used.

I had this scenario as well, I really like this one.

Anyway, for this job I made a very enthusiastic mockup. I made the house in paper and painted it as I want the final result. It took a while but was fun to build.

I will use these two figures:

Here i test cobblestones as groundwork, I am not sure if I will use cobblestones all over, I have other ideas as well.

Here I preparing the styrofoam house, I made a window out of balsa wood. It not 100% finished.

Preparing the figures:

The corner guy is almost ready. The rifle strap is the last detail to add. He needs ultra Matt varnish as well and some of the missing equipment.
Hopefully I will have time to start building the house next week. In someway I will try to finish this project within 2 weeks!
Cheers

12 Likes

:+1:t2:
Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Nice! Glad to see they let you out of the asylum!

—mike

1 Like

nice work, I look forward to seeing more soon

1 Like

Glad you’ve been “sprung” Erik, I assume you’re out on parole so if you start a new diorama before finishing the others………uh oh you HAVE just started a new project - gee I’m glad I didn’t pay your bail/bond ! Let’s not forget Gareth/G-man, he’s only allowed to post a comment once a month until he’s released. Well anyway, until you get thrown back in the slammer this looks like another excellent Dioworks scene :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

You are crazy… you make scenes and dio’s like it is nothing… you make testing dio’s that most people (like myself) can not even make as their best result… no wonder the dio police arrested you…

beautiful work again :+1:

2 Likes

What impresses me about Erik’s work is that he manages to get so much out of a relatively small footprint and relatively few actors. He is able to convey his story very compactly and with a great deal of focus. There are not a lot of extraneous details to distract from the central elements. You get his story immediately. It is also obvious from his multiple mockups that he puts a great deal of thought into the process and is very flexible, as evidenced by his willingness to solicit suggestions from the audience and to actually incorporate them into his work. :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you very much guys. About my craziness, I must show you this as well. I made it last weeks as the other one.
It’s called “The faith of evil von Hetz”.
The building is also a “pre-mockup” made of paper and leftovers.
A group of American soldiers have cough an SS officer that they suspect to have killed innocent civilians, after a short trial in a cellar in a backyard he is judged.
He will have some wounds in his balled head after getting beaten during questioned.

Cheers

5 Likes

yep… there is no doubt, it is a clear case, crazy…
I mean, how does it work in your head?
An idea pops up… yeah I’ll build this, see if it is looks nice… yeah it might be ok, lets put that aside and build my next idea… and made of paper and leftovers…
How many of those paper things do you have on your shelves?

3 Likes

Erik your work is staggering. How you get these ideas and in what seems like a matter of hours you have gone from thought process, to mock up, to house built and figures (many adapted) made, painted and set on the mock up… Which Bert correctly stated … The mock ups are a 100 times better than anything I could produce in months… Let alone days. You have a very talented gift which is amazing to watch… EXCEPTIONAL :+1::+1:

1 Like

@Johnnych01, oh you are too kind my friend! It’s just some paper and paint.

Thanks a lot my friend! Actually this “painted paper pre mockup” stuff is new fore me. I made these two and they are my first.
It’s really not difficult to make this, paper, pencil, paint etc. Just try it, it’s a great fun to build this.
/Erik

Thanks a lot man! I am glad that you notice the things/details I work so hard to achieve. The support all of you guys are giving is important. Thanks! /Erik

It’s been at least 8 months since I painted a 1/35 figure. Painting faces and details is the worst, I like it but it’s very difficult. This is the best I can get today. Some small details will be fixed. But from now the focus will be on the building.
Cheers

7 Likes

I would be very happy with those figures if I had done them Erik… Look really nice :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks John! I am glad to do painting that matches the buildings and groundwork I do.
It’s important for me that it all ends up in a decent diorama scenario. Take care! /Erik

1 Like

I am never satisfied with my work…
I did a little improvement on this guy?!..

5 Likes

Erik your work is exceptional, a very high standard which us mortals can only dream on achieving.
I’ve always liked your work, and your 1/72 scale is in many way an inspiration for me

1 Like

Hi Erik as usual a brilliant work especially the figurers

1 Like

Really very nice- great idea and execution.

1 Like