Death around the corner 1/35

Thanks for your kind words!
I have continued preparing the building.

I made the gutter and glued it in place. I am still not sure if I will use cobblestones or clay on the ground.

I realize that my construction of the building was incorrect, I have updated the design and hope it works. @Uncle-Heavy You are the man to have a look at this.
The bricks are almost ready, the wood beams are not ready yet. The wood pattern is the next step. Nothing is glued together yet.

I enjoy working with little vignette, so far no big problem. Well, I have broken the “pipe” of both rifles, but I found the piece in both occasions and could glued it in place😅
Cheers! /Erik

2 Likes

The only question mark I might have is this part of the wood structure:
bild
I know too little about this type of construction to be able to say if
the vertical beam (nr 1) would ever be placed like that or not.
My gut feeling tells me no but it is only a gut feeling.
I tried googling images but the fact that I couldn’t find a similar construction doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

Edit: I found one image, used as the front cover of a German book, which shows a short vertical beam landing on a horizontal beam without anything meeting up from below:
bild

Found one like your construction!

Top right. One example is good enough :grin:

2 Likes

Just keep being amazed at how easy this all comes to you Erik, your building skills are phenomenal.

2 Likes

Robin, that is good news! That one is home safe, I checked that one before designing the wood beams.
Thanks! /Erik

2 Likes

Looks good. Can’t wait to see some paint on it. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks!
Robin, I missed a detail, that is at number 2 in your picture. I saw now that I did wrong, in my mockup I have made it different, I have corrected that.

I made the wood pattern tonight.

After that I glued most parts together. While the glue is drying I unpack a box with some parts from the model shop. directly I start to dream of new vignette with a scenario I haven’t done so far, modern warfare… :rofl: cheers!

1 Like

Well spotted! I totally missed that one :blush:

1 Like

Nicely done Erik , very cool architect work !!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

I glued the parts together today and primed the building. Nothing special about that, but I think it will be great to paint it. Hopefully I start painting this weekend:) cheers

4 Likes

Each time I look I’m a little more amazed. The simplicity in using something as plain and non-discript as that foam, then with a few standard tools, you can create something so intricately detailed is outstanding Erik. Bravo !!!

2 Likes

Indeed, I mean, i this was a kit I had bought, and painted it, it would probably still not look as good as Erik’s scratch build made from nothing…

Sometimes I am afraid to look at his topics… :rofl: it’s almost sadomasochism… :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot guys! I got a few hours in my work shop and I have start painting the building. I show you some pictures here.
The building is absolutely not ready. There will be more details to paint and more weathering to be done. As you see the groundwork is still missing.
I have decided not to use any parts that I have bought, than the building and the groundwork will be 100% scratch built (everything except the figures and the snow). The window is not fixed, it’s there just for the pictures.
Cheers! Erik

9 Likes

Not alot can really be said but brilliant.

1 Like

Hear hear!

1 Like

Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy I think I can even see termites…. :mag: :trophy: :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Thanks, I am glad you like it so far. I was tiered yesterday and just uploaded the pictures, looking at them now and I am pleased with the outcome of yesterday’s work. I see some details to be fixed and of course I will make curtains for the window.
One detail I like myself is the result of the figures. In this low resolution the painting looks okey. I wish I had painted the camouflage pattern differently, honestly I will not give them a new paint, I let them be and promise to improve the pattern on the next ones.
I hope to make the groundwork in a few day and then it’s almost ready. Cheers! /Erik

5 Likes

You’re being to critical Erik, that camo looks fine… And even if there were any issues, the stunning background features of the building draw your focus straight away :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful man , looks good from here !!

1 Like

Don’t agree, I think it looks absolutely terribble… :rofl:

I mean, I would be over the moon with a result like that…

2 Likes

Looking great. I think we need an overview photo, showing the whole thing.

1 Like