Death around the corner 1/35

Thanks guys!
@Bravo36 The big picture look like this,

As told, it’s not finished. After that photo I have improved the painting a little.
I made a small test piece of clay for the ground work.
I will do it out of clay as showed here:

Cheers!

6 Likes

Very nice. Impressive. :+1:

1 Like

Looks like there was allready pavement on the road? Not good enough for you I guess… and why did you think the figures weren’t any good, I can see you even painted the shoe laces…
This will be another fantastic diorama!

1 Like

Thanks! I am pleased with the figures except for the camouflage pattern and the painting of the details of their equipment. I think I used 2-3 hours to paint their boots…
Pavement, yes I made some as test, but as I use the gutter I have to raise the groundwork anyway. I think it will be great using the clay! Cheers!

I made an attempt with the groundwork, using the air drying clay.

I have start using basic watercolors as paint and wash on the building and groundwork. So far I think it works fine.

The paint have not even dried yet, swish and the figures was in place for some test photos:)
There are more work to do with the groundwork, building, figures etc. But right now I can see the light in the tunnel. Cheers!

5 Likes

Superb Erik. You did great with the reworked cobbles and the dirt coming through, looks great.
I am still in awe looking at that building, it really is amazing and so detailed. You have given it a great finish. The water colour paints seem to be doing the trick… You’re making them work lovely with how you’ve applied them. The 2 figures are just right. They don’t crowd the scene and everything has a clear view… :+1::+1:

1 Like

Yeah, what he said. Just great. :+1:

2 Likes

Impressive work. Specially the fachwerkhaus! I love those.
J

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys!
I have added soil to the ground and painted the cobblestones in different colors. A small step forward to the end…
Cheers

8 Likes

Everyday items morphed into a beautiful scene through your talents and efforts !!

1 Like

Thanks man!
Today I received a parcel from DioDump in Holland. I am a big fan of Roy Schurgers dioramas. The products he make and sell are outstanding.
Even the smallest things make a big difference, like this curtains. I could not make anything like this myself, therefore I let this part of the building be the one and only part that I have not done myself.

Cheers!

8 Likes

It’s finished! “Death around the corner” Vignette 1/35.
This build was all about testing how to make wood beams out of styrofoam and make a YouTube video about that. I will start making the video in a couple of days.

I must say that styrofoam is a diorama modeler best friend! I am still learning how to use this material and I have start to make tools for making cobblestones pattern etc.

Well you have seen the process of building this vignette, here is some pictures of the final result:
Take care my friends! Cheers!

8 Likes

Beautiful work man !!

1 Like

It’s brilliantly done Erik, another little gem to add to the collection. The detailing you add to these are easily equal if not more realistic than some manufacturers Dio bases you can buy.
I will have to look over here to see if I can get some Styrofoam, it covers so many different areas for Dio construction.
Amazing work and a pleasure to look at and watch develop :+1::+1:

1 Like

Superb, the simplest of vignettes displaying a complex variety of textures/techniques/weathering. The brickwork, timber frames, cobbles…all master-class :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Nice finish to this! I always love me a good fachwerk !
J

1 Like

Thank you so much guys! I am happy about the result, and happy for a finished work, now it’s easier to concentrate on new and other ongoing projects:)
/Erik

Full hand of styrofoam! For “ace” result :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hi, I just finished the YouTube video of the vignette. I will release the video tomorrow, so this just for you my friends:) /Erik

2 Likes

Great video, they are all really well edited Erik. Not to long and each step shown nice and clearly and very easy to understand how it’s done… I can’t believe you broke into my house to use my toothbrush to do the wood effect lol… Thanks for sharing that video… Very nice indeed :+1::+1:

1 Like