DKW NZ350 1944 scale 1:9 my 3D project / 3D print

Hi,

I would lik to share my recent build. It is a 1:9 scale DKW NZ350. I’ve designed the model using blueprints of Ish350 which is a soviet copy of the motorcycle. I’ve also contacted the museum of Warsaw Uprising. Thanks to their kind help I could measure and photograph their DKW outside the opening hours. I also used the Tamiya model as a reference. The effect is a 3D project designed in Fusion 360 which was later printed on a SLA 3D printer.

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

Thanks, but this is not over yet :wink:

After printing I,ve primed all parts:

8 Likes

I’ve also designed some tools and accessories:

Spokes are made of guitar string and 3mm slices of injection needle:

9 Likes

Where can we buy this? Seriously, this is superb!

1 Like

I’ve designed to different seats - Denfeld and Pagusa:

After painting brown base color I covered everything with the Chipping Liquid:

9 Likes

I painted the camouflage colors and did some chipping:

11 Likes

Here is the kit painted before final assembly:

And the most pleasant part - the final assembly:

11 Likes

Last thing to do was to add steering wires and cables and put some dirt and rust all over the bike :grinning:

Here is the final effect:

12 Likes

Welcome to Armorama Marudek! What a way to introduce yourself! This motorcycle is absolutely stunning! The detail is amazing. Your assembly and paint work are just outstanding. This model is fantastic!

5 Likes

11 Likes

Thank you SSGToms - I’ve joined Armorama years ago but did not check out forums for a while. Now I found that my account was lost and had to sign up again. This is one of my best 1:9 scale motorcycle models so far. I’ve also made a civilian version from 1938 but this isn’t the right forum for that one :grinning:

9 Likes

Hi,

For years I dreamt of designing models for other modellers. I’ve learned resin casting and planned to open a one man model kit factory. But my 1:72 BMW R12 kit had a little interest. And I believe that so far no one dares to complete it as the kit involves scratch buld skills (f.e. spokes were to be made by the one who bulds the model with supplied bundle of artificial hair ). So I decided to limit to upgrade and conversion sets for aircraft models. But this too ended up quickly. One of my kits got really bad press from a modeller who builds only WnW kits. And this is where I decided not to sell my models anymore. My DKW in 1:9 looks good but making the spokes was a nightmare I wouldn’t like to sell. Moreover match of many parts isn’t as good as in the 3D program and most parts require a lot of work before they fit together properly…

5 Likes

Outstanding motorcycle Marudek!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Marudek

Most impressive work!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard. Awesome build. :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like