Don't you just hate shipping rates?

Specially from the US, shipping rates are sometimes nearly as high as from the thing you want to buy!
Like this one:

5 Likes

Shipping costs from the US are insane.
I have found some ebay offers for kits I have searched for and in some cases the shipping across the Atlantic costs more than the kit itself.
:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That is exacly what I mean… Hong Kong and Australia are fine…

4 Likes

When I ordered 3 x Commander Models MBT 70s some years ago, I accepted the price - resin, only game in town, and the shipping; again the sheer uniqueness of the product dictated that I take it all on the chin - which I duly did.

What nearly drove me to distraction was the whopping Brit Customs surcharge upon delivery: an eye-watering 50 quid (GBP).

Truly, we suffer for our art sometimes.

5 Likes

Yes they are. BNA from Australia is one of my go -to sites and their shipping is quite reasonable.

4 Likes

I tried looking up said item elsewhere, but alas the brand seems not being sold elsewhere… :frowning:

1 Like

That’s right !
And also from other countries shipping costs are outrageous.

2 Likes

That depends where you get them from… Poland is good too… UK not so good anymore after Brexit.

1 Like

Getting stuff TO the USA is no picnic either. Stuff from Hong Kong, the shipping is often equal to the price of the model. Strangely, stuff from BNA in Australia is very reasonable.

4 Likes

Stuff from Japan is ridiculous in my experience. I think it was from Hobby Link or Hobby Easy- can’t remember which- the shipping was almost as much as the kit I wanted. Crazy

3 Likes

If, and when, they have what I want, I order from ebay vendors in mainland China, or from Ali Express. Most models are now produced in China, and when buying them from China, they are very reasonably priced (much cheaper than buying them in the West), and the shipping is usually extremely cheap (or free!). I’ve seen the same item, plus shipping, from China, costing around CDN $80, priced at CDN $250 (shipping not included) from Japan. The same kit bought from a US store could cost double the Chinese price. However, European brands bought from China could cost more, but the shipping is still cheap. As usual, prices may vary, and you have to shop around.
My city (Montreal, Canada) has only one shop left to buy model kits, and they are mostly 10 or more years old ( this mainly a toy/ arts and crafts/ wargaming shop). Any recent kit I want, I have to order on-line. :rage:
:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

Generally Chinese kits (full size) are almost the same prize on Ali as in the shops here…

1 Like

I don’t buy model kits on Ali Express, but from ebay. Ali Express has great prices on scenic supplies and tools.

3 Likes

USPS shipping a standard size armor kit about 5 days for delivery.
To California from Washington $13
To Texas, Illinois from Washington $16
To New Jersey from Washington $19

Now Andy’s and Scale Hobbyist shipping is $10

When people want to sell a kit at the price they bought it, the buyer will pay more than if they would have just bought from an online company due to shipping rate difference. If I want to sell a kit I discount it about 40 % if I want to move it.

3 Likes

And double that for International Shipping - includes Canada! :rage:

2 Likes

Australia Post secret weapon

H.P.

8 Likes

yes shipping costs are something i study closely now, in the past i wasn’t to phased by them.

1 Like

I look at it as, we pay in shipping what we gain in national security having all that water on either side. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You always have had that. So what is the difference?

1 Like

Does the Gulf of Mexico go all the way across to the Pacific?
Asking for a friend, … or something …
:wink: :rofl:

1 Like