Dragon Panther Ausf. G Premium Edition | Armorama™

New Dragon Premium Edition (2 in 1) Panther Ausf. G with lots of extras.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/dragon-panther-ausf--g-premium-edition
1 Like

Looks good but given the price of just basic Dragon kits these days I suspect my wallet will remain firmly closed.

Wow thats like a Dragon kit from 15 years ago

Considering all what is in the box, $55 (plus shipping) sounds reasonable to me.

4 Likes

Zimm, metal barrel, two in one options, photo etch, 3D printing, magic tracks. Those alone would be $50 or more. You just get a free Dragon Panther tossed in for the price.

3 Likes

Shipping looks to be $35USD for me so it would then be a $90 kit. I will be curious to see what price the US retailers will have it for?

Yes a very good price for Dragon quality

Scale hobbiest has 1/35th Dragon Panthers from 52$ to 66$ depending on the kit.

1 Like

Depending on the price, this could be a good step for modelers who want more detailing, but are nervous adding too much after-market details like Zimmerit.

1 Like

Did some new kid on the block finally wake up the Dragon? They’ve been coasting for like 15 years.

Anyway, will take what I can get. Always wanted to add a platoon of Dragon Late Panther G’s to the stash to match the Tamiya Panther G platoon.

This should help.

1 Like

Looks good. Anyone know which factory produced the real thing with that Zimmerit pattern please?

1 Like

The Dragon awakes! That’s a hell of a lot of kit for $55! All those extras are fantastic. And with the Zimm option! I’m gonna hafta get me one of these for sure! Everything you need plus some is in the box!

3 Likes

I want one as well as I have only got one Ausf A with Zimmerit but no G’s.
I will have to wait until the dealers here in Blighty get some though as the shipping to the UK is more than the kit.

2 Likes

So its basically a new version of their 6268 smart kit but with Zimm and some nice new bits and additions… I built he 6268 kit a while ago and it is exceptional, without any doubt and I would happily buy another 3 or 4. So once I see what the UK price is, I will probably get one as with the extra parts and Zimm and metal barrel etc, it will be worth it. So yes, if anyone is thinking about it, I would get one in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

There’s definitely a lot in the box, but since I’ve got a RFM Panther G with Interior sitting in my stash waiting for me to get up the steam to build it (I’ve done their Pz IV and the Takom Tiger II both with Interior - I have to be feeling strong to tackle one of these!), I won’t be buying it, much as I like Panthers. It looks like as well as 6268, it also contains 6384 (the Zimmerit bits). I’ve built 6384, it was a good build, so I don’t know why I would buy half the kit with 6268. I’m a bit confused about the thinking from Dragon here. It will certainly add to the spares box! Why didn’t they just re-release the two separately?

Well it looks like Dragon looked back to the earlier kits with a lot of possibilities. Scale Hobbiests did not have any Dragon Panther G’s. I do not know if it means Dragon stopped making a G and this is their return or not. However for Dragon, this is gravy. they do not have to make new molds. They already have a good kit on hand. Their cost will be the metal barrel and the 3D printed parts.

3 Likes

I’ve got the Tamiya G late and the awful A, the Das Werk A and the Meng G with the applique roof armour, as well as a Trumpeter Flakpanther and a Meng Jagd all waiting patiently in the stash for me.

So of course I’m all over this one. My first Dragon kit in other two years as well - the tracks and the extras convinced me.

I hope its as good as it looks. I’ve had a bit of a mental block on Dragon after a horrible experience with one when i was younger and their models have never really appealed: too expensive, too fiddly and too much risk of me screwing it up because of the crap instructions. Ive got their 2 in 1 Nashorn in the stash but have never really felt the need to build it, just doesnt really appeal. Dont know why I bought it really.

I hope this is the start of something beautiful between me and Dragon.

Lets see.

3 Likes

If you cant get this one Chris, I would seriously look for the 6268 Late G from dragon. That will restore your faith and hope in Dragon kits.

2 Likes

I’ve ordered this one from a seller in China off Evilbay for US$63.99 shipped which i was pretty happy with.

Everyone says the Dragon Panthers are still the best in the scale and i am interested to see if that is the case because I am a massive, massive fan of Meng’s iterations. Probably the nicest kits I’ve ever built in the scale; I absolutely loved them.

5 Likes

Nice builds.
How did you do the foliage on the barrel please?

1 Like