Dragon Panther Ausf. G Premium Edition | Armorama™

Hi,

I take thick, longish seafoam branches and spray the branch dark brown. Then drybrush in Buff and add brown washes to give the effect of thicker wood.

Next I paint the outer branches in unthinned greens of various colours and let them dry, and then dip very lightly the tips in white glue and sprinkle with a mix of railway modeling green flocks of various different greens and browns and yellows. Tap off and seal (very gently) with hairspray.

It is a quite effective method for reproducing the sort of branches the tank crews would have ripped down from the trees to tie onto their vehicles. Seafoam on its own I think lacks the colour and thickness to look truly realistic unless you are going for the very small branches.

4 Likes

Thank you for the explanation.

2 Likes

You’re welcome dude

1 Like

Seafoam is an excellent bit of kit. I got an A4 size box of it , god must be over 10 years ago, and I still have half a box left. Highly recommended for dios to anyone who has never used it before.

2 Likes

Thank you @Johnnych01 and @BringupthePIAT I will get some.

The Dragon 2 n 1 Late Panther G became a temptation so recalling the words of wisdom posted above…I ordered one.

3 Likes

I just ordered one today, too. Along with the new Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV 70A and the Takom Pz IIIN with shurzen. Then I ordered the new Morris Bofors truck. I was a bad boy.

2 Likes

LOL! That’s a very sweet haul Matt. Look forward to hearing your impressions of the Tamiya 70A and Takom Pz III N. Cool beans!

Oh if we have full disclosure, I was terrible today. There’s also Dragon’s Wittman’s Last Tiger 1, Late Model 007 :tiger2:, Otto Carius 's Mid Model Tiger 1, a 251/23 paper panzer plus an MG42 team along on the slow boat to get the free shipping :ship:.

1 Like

Was that OC Tiger the Cyber Hobby or the Tamiya?

1 Like

Dragon kit ordered via CyberHobby website.

Dragon #6888 - tiger-i-mid-production-w-zimmerit-otto-carius-battle-of-malinava-village-1944

I just missed the 2 n1 JagdPanther w/zimmerit. It sold out while I was entering my order. So this was my consolation pick.

2 Likes

Ah well it would be nice to find another like it.

2 Likes

You’re horrible Wade. Nice picks!

1 Like

@Johnnych01 @SSGToms
Well despite me saying earlier that I would wait for it to arrive here in Blighty because of the shipping costs I have gone and ordered it from Aliexpress.

Along with R-Model tracks and a stencil for the turret number.
Seems a reasonable price and I have paid the VAT at source.
If I read the UK Gov website correctly I will not have to pay any import duty, we shall see.
Edit it is on Moxingfans now:

2 Likes

Not a bad price at all … Glad to see your will power held fast … not…lol :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

@Catsrcool Welcome to the “Gotta have it” club. It’s a sweet addiction that only stings a little.
The bright side is you were wise enough to get everything all in one place. That shows a unique clarity in online armor model shopping. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Looks like you dont get the IR storage box with the kit so I have ordered one from Blast Models.

2 Likes

Oh no! Now you’re in danger of overdosing!

2 Likes

Woot! The slow boat came into port finally. The Dragon 2n1 Panther G plus a couple of other stay cats arrived today!

Free shipping, couple hard to acquire kits at a good price. Very happy :blush:

3 Likes

Did they have the technology back then? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

If i can see correctly, this is an older kit (i have it in my stash, excellent for me!), with added hull, turret and bits with zimmerit as produced for their early G kit with zimmerit?

1 Like