Dragon Panther Ausf. G Premium Edition | Armorama™

On the kit 6888, does it come with damaged zimm or undamaged zimm, His tank had a lot of zimm damage on the front.

Greg, my apologies for not being able to post pictures of 6888 but I left the kit in North Carolina at my mom’s! I’d hoped to work on it but got wrapped up in a Tamiya Panther G and then forgot to pack it.

I recall the zimmerit being pretty intact when checking the box & instructions.

From Dragon’s website, the picture supports intact in my opinion.

C_DRA6888_00

Dragon Tiger I #6888, Otto Carius

HTH

1 Like

I can’t find my pictures of Otto C’s tank that I had, but there was extensive sections of the front of the tank that was missing the zimm. I was thinking Dragon would provide the hull with no zimm damage.
When the Tamiya version of Otto’s tank came out, I collected the proper gun mantle from dragon and other parts to replecate his tank that Tamiya did not include. The Tamiya version had no zimm but I was good with that. I bought the Atak zimm with the plan to cut out the portions that were missing from the photo’s of his tank. Otto’s personal recounts were that his tank was overall dark yellow without the green or brown. However the photo of his tank was not as supportive. The photo was of the tank parked under trees in a wooded area that created mottled effect. However there appeared to also be a camouflage pattern similar to the Dragon box art. The photo however had no turret number on the turret sides. This photo was of his actual tank because the zimm damage matched photos of his tank from a previous photo’s.
David B. would be a great resource for specifics of this tank. My personal thoughts, with entirely no evidence, is that the photos were for propaganda purposes and the tank might have been repainted for the event. The Balkan crosses were pristine.

2 Likes