“Enemy at the gate” 1/35 Vignette

Hi, tonight I did not have time to build on my diorama. Instead I keep posting pictures of diorama/vignettes from the past. I hope you don’t think it’s boring…

I made this 1/35 vignette in 2018. It was the first time I used blue styrofoam. It’s all scratch build.
The inspiration came from the 3 outstanding figures made by Corsar Rex. I wanted to build a small vignette that was “expanded by the pose of the figures”. The 2 figures in front are looking intensive in one direction and the MG gunner is shouting and pointing at soldiers that you don’t see.
I wanted the viewer to use his imagination of what’s going on.
In 2018 my painting skills was not that good. Especially the faces would have been better today. On the other hand I am satisfied with the ground work and building. There is one piece of Lego included, can you find it?

In a series of posts I show you how I build it.

The figures made by Corsar Rex:

I bought some Italian cheese that came in this plastic package. I made the base of plaster.

6 Likes

I didn’t have a drawing, I just sat at the table and let my imagination work.

6 Likes

I tested to made a concrete block for the road, I did not use it in the end because it looked to modern.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Really very nice, I guess it is set in Italy by the type of constructions, because during Christmas I had to build with my 5 years old the Lego pirate ship i bet the grille and frame of the window is Lego … right?

1 Like

Nice tight little scene. Really liking the ground work. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

6 Likes

@Vicious Si si Italia:) Yes you’re right about the Lego window:)

6 Likes

That looks great.

1 Like

7 Likes

8 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have any good pictures of the final presentation just these ones. Some day I will take new photos with a black background.
I was lucky that year because I won the Vignette class in the contest in Gothenburg:)
Hope you like it and maybe find some inspiration looking at it.
/Erik

11 Likes

Another amazing little Dio… It is just outstanding how you put these together. The attention to detail is phenomenal… This is why I love looking at Dio’s.

1 Like

You have a great imagination and a great ability to transform your ideas into dioramas.
I love your attention to detail. Kudos
:+1:t2:

Cheers,
C.

1 Like

That looks truly amazing!

1 Like

Very nice. Thanks for sharing your method in the step-by-step.

1 Like

Thank you so much guys!
I prefer to work small of the reason that I have to keep all the works somewhere in the end…
Believe me, I have had ideas of building large dioramas but in the end, where to store them?
Also it’s a question of time, personally I rather build 3 small vignettes that 1 large diorama.
That is because I have so many ideas in my head, once started a build, I come up with 2 new scenarios that I also want to do…
I am always a target for the diorama police!
Cheers, Erik

1 Like

Beautiful , simply beautiful !!

1 Like

Such a masterful work in a very small space. You’ve managed to cram so many wonderful elements into this- the flowers, the undergrowth, the stonework, the figures, their poses and little details like the cat- it all comes to life so well.

2 Likes

Excellent diorama all around, especially the ground work!

1 Like