Fallout WIP

Inspired by the imagery of the game, I started with a Mirage Hobby bunker and made a few adjustments.

There will be at least 1 figure and maybe even a vehicle of some description. Still very much a “making it up as I go along” kinda project

17 Likes

Needs a Nuka-Cola machine!

2 Likes

I do have the Meng vending machine set so a bit of jiggery-pokery might see that happen. I’ll have to try at least :wink:

That’s a nice looking bunker set up you’ve got there Paul. The light above the weathered door and the large antenna mount on the roof are nice areas of interest.

1 Like

you are off to a flying start and the details so far are excellent, I can’t wait to see further developments.

Klaus

Thank you very much gents. A bit more on the ancillaries. Concrete barriers from Meng painted with acrylics and washed with enamel streaking grime, with most of it removed with a bit of kitchen towel. Happy with progress so far

8 Likes

That’s a great effect you have created there Paul, they really look old and battered with the way you have finished them.

2 Likes

Thank you Karl. Much appreciated.
A little more progress on this.
I backfilled the gun slot and then applied a few coats of Tamiya Clear Blue via pipette to build up an armored glass look. Then some Aber square mesh was cut to size painted in dark rust tones andfurtelled into position.
Took WAAAY to long for the size of it.

9 Likes

Maybe but I think it was worth it as it looks great. Especially the small breaks and bends. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I agree with what @Tank_1812 said- the work was certainly worth it. It looks very realistic.

1 Like

Little n often here… Next up a lovely little piece from RedZebra. Got a few more of their pieces I’m going to try to incorporate here.

my photography skills don’t do the quality justice tbh

10 Likes

Another barrel. Not sure where from as it’s been labelled and in the spares box for quite a while. Acrylic base paint with enamel streaking and moss deposits. Have a few more that I’ll try and get into the build.

9 Likes

Sorry but there aren’t enough radroaches….

JK I’m loving this so far, fallout is probably my all time favourite game

1 Like

I am following with interest. Also love the idea “making it up as I go along”.

1 Like

Figures are an area where my enthusiasim exceeds my skill… But here we are none the less

18 Likes

I know the feeling but that figure looks very nice. :+1:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. Looks ideal for the scene you’re creating Paul

1 Like

The added detailing looks appropriate for this diorama esp. the figure.

1 Like

And his buddy

14 Likes

Noice! I like the dirt at the bottom of the coat. :+1:

1 Like