Fallout WIP

Cheers Ryan. Need to do a bit more with it to be totally happy, but it’s coming together.

1 Like

Yes, coming together very nicely. Like, @Tank_1812 said, bottom of the coat is a fine detail touch

3 Likes

Nice! You’re pinning the Geiger Counter with these figures! :warning:

1 Like

I just started replaying 3. These guys would fit right in.

1 Like

Figure skills are looking pretty good here! I like the look you have gone for with the faded color on the protective suits alongside plenty of wear and tear.

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t know what “Fall Out” is… never seen it, but I sure do know Talent when I see it! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

A series of video games set in a 1950s retro-futuristic post-apocalyptic United States. These guys and the bunker could have been lifted right from the game.

1 Like

Thank you very much sir.

This is great! I will be following the thread.Love me some Fallout.

Looks like a model walking the runway with the latest post nuclear fashion.

Fallout, the game.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your encouragement folks. Trying a bit of a mock up. Bunker location is pretty much fixed but everything else is flexible. Lots more debris and detritus planned for the open space between the figures and on the sloped area in front of the barriers

10 Likes

I’ve also ordered this;
1331439-38473-86-pristine

5 Likes

So I’ve managed to make a bit of progress on the base. Base texture is AK sandy desert paste. Used this to also secure the bunker and Jersey’s.
Started with some scrub placement using a variety of bits from stock. Colour variations needed across the whole base to address the current monotone nature of things along with a range of rocks, gravel etc., so that’s next up.

9 Likes

Composition plan looking good :desert: :scorpion:

1 Like

That looks cracking Paul … I like the way the AK textured stuff has settled … did it need much positioning ? And it will only need the smallest amount of colour variation to look perfect.

If it was a bit bigger that would be great with a post apocalyptic HEMTT gun truck and some impaled zombie on a dozer blade…

1 Like

Thanks both.
John, the texture paste went down a treat. No issues simply painted it on with a house paint brush. Some stippling ina few places, just for a bit of additional texture.
I did think about a vehicle of some form, but it would have gotten a bit too big. Maybe next time.

Just playing about with bits n pieces

9 Likes

Really like this build Paul. That top test pic is getting to have just the right look of menacing about it …I can imagine that in a dark background in a dark room, with a tea light inside the bunker giving out some flickering light through the portals and showing the figure in silhouette :thinking:

2 Likes

I know nothing of the game/genre but this does have a suitably dystopian feel to it; very bleak. Well done Paul.

1 Like

I have to agree with @Johnnych01 about the top pic there- the lighting in the pic hits it just right for an awesome effect.

Now I see the groundwork up close. That product and your application looks realistic. The grass as well

1 Like