Fcm36

The most important point in this model. Many modellers are saying that engine grille is too short. However it is only a consequence of the fact that the plate itself is short. More precisely the manufacturer made the lower and upper rear plates the same size. In fact it is necessary to grow a new grille but we need to prepare the base. I’ve decided to cheat a little. Firstly I made the lower plate according to the measurements made by Richard Cathelin. Hatches on it also according to measurements. Next I changed the angle of the lower plate which gave me 3mm to increase upper plate.Also I moved fenders close to hear and then decided to build version without last fenders. It will be interesting. It’s rough so far but in a week or two I’ll put it all together. As you can see, the place for the correct grille has been freed up. Something like this.

7 Likes

More work with rear hull and fenders. They are too thick.

6 Likes

Very little progress.

5 Likes

Well it is a very little tank… :grin:

I am loving this build as much as your previous ones.

1 Like

It’s bigger than MS-1 :slightly_smiling_face: I hope further steps will be also interesting.

1 Like

After vacation I’ve continued my investigation.

5 Likes

Preparing for new welds. First step.

4 Likes

My latest progress with welds

8 Likes

Well a lot of work I have had here. Special thanks to Thomas Morgan and Steven Zaloga for help me with information! I am very grateful.

l]

11 Likes

That is some quite severe detailing! With great results!!!

4 Likes

Thank you a lot! Did my best after seven attempts=)

2 Likes

Each time I see your work Artyom, it is better than what you have done previously, which I never thought would be possible. Your skill is just awe inspiring.

1 Like

More improvements. Dozens…

(https://i.postimg.cc/FFGXSrLt/9.jpg[/img][/url)]

6 Likes

@Artyom I love your weld beads! I am struggling to get mine to look realistic, clean, and consistent. What are the products, tools, and most importantly the technique you are using?

2 Likes

Greetings! Thank you!
I use Tamiya epoxy putty and some tiny knives. First of all I make grooves on plastic. Then I put putty in it and start to form weld by knives.

6 Likes

Thank you Artyom!

1 Like

Well,3d makes difference!

3 Likes

Well, it will be a long path…

6 Likes

Well, 3D printed grill is very good. Matches to my converted rear plate. Some gaps will be filled little later.

7 Likes

Hi Artyom! I’m so glad to discover this project (by accident, and several months late), you’re still one of the top 3 model-makers that I’ve ever seen on this website and Fcm36 is looking up to your usual high standard, especially the re-welds. That multi-faceted structure at the front end of the bogies must have been very difficult to construct…and quelle horreur you have to make another for the other side! Bizarre (cubist?) French design/engineering but you’ve replicated it perfectly, bravo :+1:

4 Likes