FINISHED. A project on the side: Wunschdenken

And finished! This was a fun little diorama 30x24 cm) to build! I tried some techniques and they turned out remarkably well.
Enjoy the pictures and thank you for watching…

8 Likes

Very nice piece!
Just a thought… How about adding a driver waving hello? :slightly_smiling_face:

—mike

Thanks… Nice idea, but I don’t know of any suitable figure. I also would have to discard the blackbird :flushed::confused:

1 Like

Beautifully done, something completely different to what you see on this site most of the time! :+1:
And for most of the readers, try to pronounce this without hurting your throat: prachtig gedaan! :grinning:

Edit: especially like the water pouring out of his bucket!!

1 Like

Dankjewel Bert!
Thanks for the kind words.
The subject indeed lends itself to be much more colorful than your average armour…
The spilling water was something that popped in my mind at the last moment. That was one of the techniques I tried out…

Congratulations to a nice little diorama! I especially like all the wood parts that your have painted very well. Please start a new build ASAP:)
/Erik

Very nice scene. Fun to see a water tank, rather than a battle tank.
It tells a great story, as all diorama’s should.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

That looks great man!
J

Good diorama, simple and effective, look good.
Regards, Omar

Brilliant! Just brilliant, the cutest thing I’ve seen since two panda bear cubs wrestling :trophy: :tumbler_glass:

Very cool Erwin , nicely done man !!

Tak Erik… The big water tank was base painted with Mig Old Wood. Though I find the color much too light for old wood, compare this to the color of the wheelbarrow. That one is done with Vallejo Panzercolors Old Wood. After that I gave it a wash with Burned Umber oils and then with almost pure oil paint of the same paint I made long, stroking motions with a broad flat brush to try and represent the grain of the wood…

And there is a big dio already on it’s way. Almost all plastic parts are ready, just need to start and finish :wink: the base… Oh and paint 20+ German uniforms…

2 Likes

Cheers Ralph… I always try to let my dios tell a story. Sometimes multiple stories, like this one (on the old forum):
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/280411

Thanks master Jerry!! You might have noticed I shortened the neck som ruther an remved a chunk out of the collar as you suggested :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nahuel19431 Thanks for the kind words Omar :slight_smile: Much appreciated…
@Cheyenne Gracias Glenn… Compliments are my favorite comments :wink:
@Dioramartin How on earth can anything beat a pair of wresteling panda cubs? This dio must be not from this planet then? :open_mouth:

Golikell - I remember admiring that one, and thinking - ‘that’s too many figures for me’ - I’d loose my mind, having to paint that many faces. :crazy_face:

Mind you, that was the first time I did a serious attempt at painting figures, EVER!

:+1:t2:

Cheers,
C.

Thanks Charles!

Didn’t have time yesterday as I was replying from my phone but I wanted to say that your diorama is a really nice bucolic scene, a nice relief from a military themed dio. I really like the water being spilled as the figure turns to look at the (bird/wagon) That is a natural movement to dip the cart to the opposite side you are turning. Good observation on your part. And kudos on the figure! I think the figure is painted up quite nicely, especially considering you say it’s a first serious attempt.
Again, congrats on a serene, pleasant little scene.

Cheers,
C.