First post in this (new) forum

Well now it’s double cool cux it’s a Red Sox cap !!!

Plenty to look at, looking fantastic already, looking forward to seeing it all together :tumbler_glass:

Thanks to Glen, Tim, Mikael, John, Jerry, Ezra, Piet, Cam, Ryan, Charles and everyone else that has taken a peek at this monster. At 16.5" x 17.5" (42 x 45 cm) this is easily the biggest thing I’ve ever done outside the time the club roped me into a 1/72 B-36; ‘Big Stick’ indeed! Getting real close to the end: trailer has been attached to the Faun, all the figures for better or worse have been set in place, and I think I’ll call the ground work done. Still need to finish up with the edges and the base frame although that is well in hand now. Here are a few shots of the whole thing out in the garage, sorry for the poor quality, when I have the last of it done and a sunny day I’ll set up my garage door opened photo studio and take some more photos before it heads to the shelf.

Cheers,
Rick

12 Likes

Very big and very impressive Rick. You have really captured that moment. Each little area of it tells its own little story, and each has its own special bits of intricate detailing. Top job and a real pleasure watching you put it all together. :+1: :+1:

Very cool Rick , lookin forward to the closeups , angle shots etc. , nicely done !!

even just as a base sans vehicles/figures that is sweeeettt!

1 Like

:+1:t2:

C.

Added some more weathering to the Panzer II to try and …awww, come on who am I trying to fool? I’m just showing off my new Sherman cutting mat from Tankraft! Looks pretty cool; would be a nice background for a review one day.

Cheers,
Rick

8 Likes

If you hadn’t of mentioned, I wouldn’t have notice the matt :roll_eyes::blush:

2 Likes

The first thing I noticed was that sick cutting matt and completely ignored the awesome Panzer II… :wink:

Beauty matt Rick , nothing against you but for me that would be a catch 22 matt for me . It’s so cool I wouldn’t want to use it for what it was made for !!!

Oh yeah , now that you first mentioned it , your builds are very cool !!

Its wonderfully nice it’s hard to stop looking at it .Congratulations

I don’t think I’m going to do any cutting or much of anything on it for awhile. Think I’ll just label it as “cool photo surface” and leave it at that!

Rick

2 Likes

Took a break to finish up a couple of pieces of winged things before coming back to this one. Added a bit more to the groundwork, started to add the movement in the water, stuck a name plate from a local trophy shop on and worked a bit more on the Pz II.

Thanks for taking a look and any criticism or suggestions gladly accepted.

Cheers,
Rick

10 Likes

Super. Looks to be a bit close with the trailer.

Very cool Rick , a lot of work that paid off big time !!

Looks great … How did you do the water movement ? Pour the resin and drag the marks in to show direction ?

Well done unusual concept. Brilliant execution as well!
J

Looks incredibly good. Fun with the soldier fishing :trophy::trophy::trophy:

1 Like