Flyhawk 1/700th Königsberg April 1940

I felt the same way about the only Flyhawk ship I built. They have definitely raised the bar for quality, but they can really be a challenge for the eyes!

Outstanding work! :+1: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thank You, for your kind comment Tim, Much appreciated.

Cheers, :beers: Si

Wow Si,

I missed your commissioning of the Königsberg, I’m sorry!

This is a great model, from your build log and the pictures I would not have guessed the scale, you easily could have claimed it to be 1/350! So fantastic job done on this minuscule 1/700, it looks outstanding!
And congratulations to commissioning and to another fine addition of your fleet!

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Thank you Jan,

Very kind of you to say so, It is a stunning kit, I would certainly agree the detail is better than some 1/350th kits, and the fit was excellent all the way through. The only downside was the size of of the beatifully molded but tiny parts, but this will be my last 1/700th kit, the old eyes got tired very quickly.

Your support along the way was very much appreciated.

Cheers, Si

Magnificent work Si! And congratulations on a fine commissioning!:clinking_glasses::partying_face:

I’m with you - one 1/700 kit is more than enough for my eyes too: after finishing Trumpeters Hood I swore only 1/350 afterwards :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks Russ,

It was a fantastic kit, but I no matter how good, my eyes did not like the strain, so this time I am serious about laying off 1/700th.

Your kind comments are always appreciated mate.

Cheers, :beers: , Si

1 Like

Nice work. I hear you about the eye strain and 700 scale!

1 Like

Thanks for looking in Martin,

Cheers, Si

Love the work you have done Si…Cheers Mark

Thanks Mark,

Much appreciate your kind comment, I love the quality of Flyhawk kits, fit and detail, just too many microscopic parts to attemp another one anytime soon.

Happy New year

Cheers, Si

I find all the small Flyhawk parts can get to be tedious

1 Like

You are right there Mate, there were times I never thought I would reach the end of this build.

To be fair I think it was worth the effort, in this case, as this is a ship I have always wanted to build. Having said that I don’t think I will be building anything else in 1/700th.

Thanks for looking in.

Cheers,

Si