Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum

Amazing, wish all of you were there with me. Photos were taken by me with a Galaxy S22 phone.

9 Likes

8 Likes

No idea where you were Greg, but it’s spotlessly surreal - kinda reminds me of the last 10 minutes of 2001 Space Odyssey, like one of the infinite rooms in the Modelmakers’ Heaven mansion.

H.P.

2 Likes

That’s an amazing cut away, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

I’m guessing,
“Mary Baker Engen Restoration Hangar”

Is anyone else reminded of crayfish, when seeing that?

BAIV in Netherlands have been restoring an M48A5, Toadman Hughes has pic updates every so often on his FB

Mal

2 Likes

Impressive cutaway. But is it just me or did they put the wrong tracks on it, and put them bassackwards?

1 Like

Will this Stuka fly?

Wow, that is amazing display. It’s amazing how thick the front armor is on this tank. Compare to this, I wonder how thick the front armor skin on Abram tank will be? :thinking:

1 Like

Or, for those who don’t want to watch the movie (only the last still shows the location) and don’t know the acronym: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum

According to their website:

1 Like

Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum
3407 109th St SW, Everett, WA 98204-1351

H.P.

3 Likes

Yes on both accounts.

2 Likes

Just follow the weld line visible on top of that turret, but it’s not solid like the M48/M60’s, and that’s a whole other story

3 Likes

WOW! That is an amazing cut away. I’ve never seen anything like that.

1 Like

Another tease please.
The only flying condition FW 190D, in the world.

5 Likes

This is the museum Paul Allen built. He Passed away. His wife, if I am not wrong, wishes to get rid of the museum so… expect it to not be open in the future. You can visit both this museum and the Boeing Museum of Flight in a day. They are relatively near each other. This is one of the benefits of being in the greater Seattle area. If you can come it will be a fantastic day. You could round the trip with a visit to Skywave Models For a trip to remember.

1 Like

5 Likes

The museum is now owned by a member of the Walton family ( Walmart) and I believe it has reopened.