For entertainment purposes only

I’m taking an enforced break from modeling after a quickie procedure that will give me much better flexibility on two fingers and thumb, so it’s time to clean up the bench…
IMG_4217 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
…left-handed of course.
But… I haven’t been idle in the time since I finished the AMX-13. Concurrently with that I was playing around with a couple of out of left field what-ifs. The first is the result of having a nearly complete Takom Brebepanzer 2 laying around and an old Tamiya M41, along with a set of Spade Ace T-55 tracks that didn’t fit Tamiya sprockets worth a hoot.
IMG_4185 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
I want to do a three color scheme on it, like this, another figment of my imagination:
IMG_3866 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
And the next one, the result of having a stalled Tamiya Bradley project, picking up a set of Spade Ace Leo 1 tracks for loose change and a boat-load of M48 parts. I imagined a cut-down Bradley, kind of like the one-off IDF Sherman with the chopped hull I saw a pic of ages ago.
IMG_4215 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
I call it the “FART-AT”, Fast Attack Recon Tracked - Air Transportable
IMG_4214 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
It’s pure SciFi, like the other, but a sure-fire cure for AMD and incredibly refreshing to do after researching “real” builds to death. And since they’re all built from spare parts or partial kits, cheap to do, even cheaper that a Meng Toon Tank.
Laughter is encouraged.

20 Likes

Looks like an excellent opportunity to practice handling tools left handed
:wink: :grin:

4 Likes

Your doing more with a south paw then I am with both. :+1::disappointed::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Looks like you may be a southpaw at heart …
Will you have to go through hand therapy post op ?
I did six months of it after I got into an argument with a table saw . The table saw won the first round .

3 Likes

I’m just cleaning up the work area now, no use of my right hand for another couple of days, although I can hold tweezers… Good news is no PT necessary so I should be good to go by the middle of next week.

3 Likes

Ouch! Hope you get better soon.

2 Likes

Good thing your hand needed fixing cause otherwise we might never have seen these great looking projects!

2 Likes

Great stuff Russel. I try and get at least one of those kinda builds in a year. Keeps the mojo fresh.

2 Likes

That FART-AT is kick-ass! A gun and a TOW - you can really reach out and touch someone!

5 Likes

Time to read and research your next project

2 Likes

Maybe… I actually do have everything gathered for a Challenger 1, but this time I bought some Scorpion Models parts instead of doing a boat-load of scratch building. And I have the necessary “research” material on hand.

2 Likes

I took a few days off from modeling, wife said I was getting kind of pale, but I’m back on the FART. I did front and rear fenders and detailed the rear hatch with welds and hinges.
IMG_4235 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_4237 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_4238 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
I think I’m actually going to finish this.
Unless I get another goofy idea.

10 Likes

I’ve managed to not start something else, amazing for me, and actually am close to thinking about paint here. I did add return rollers- something about live tracks and no return rollers was getting to me. Also done: turret bustle bin, tie downs and a tow cable.
IMG_4241 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_4240 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_4239 by Russel Baer, on Flickr

10 Likes

This is getting way too close to completion for a not-serious AFV.

2 Likes

It is more and more looking like the Argentinian TAM. Great job!

Olivier

2 Likes

Only just saw this Russ…hope the hand is better soon…
Now, that FART-AT… That is superb, and looks totally feasible as well… Great idea and a very cool What if !!
Looking forward to the Cr1 build… I still need info links for mine, and to practice scratch building the side plate arm support ends …

2 Likes

Looks great, can’t wait for a company to notice this one and start producing it so we can all run to the shops to buy some Farts :grin:

3 Likes

I’m laughing here! :rofl:
Olivier, I agree with you, but I blame the Bradley kit I started with. :wink:

1 Like

Painting a FART:
IMG_4253 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_4254 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_4252 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
I decided to go with a color scheme that wasn’t entirely fictional but still colorful.

5 Likes

I presume you used an airbrush?
Painting a FART using a hair brush could get tricky …

3 Likes