Future "Site Content" Links for Different Forums?

I’m kind of assuming that things are still under-construction / development here, so perhaps this question is jumping the gun. However, are there plans to create the same kind of “site content” for the other forums like is available right now for the Auto Modeler forum and site?

I see in the Armorama forums there are more and more posts titled as “FEATURE: ___” and am wondering if those are going to migrate to some future Armorama site or will they be the “new normal”?

Also, are there plans to add direct links to the “site content” sites from the current forums? What about links between the “content sites” and back to the forums?

Again, maybe getting too far ahead of things, but trying to navigate around, especially between the forums and the “content sites” is, well, convoluted to say the least. Or perhaps I’m just totally missing something fundamental and basic with the new KitMaker network design and organization.

Is there a post that lays out the general direction and tentative future plans and vision for the new network?

Thing are most definitely still under construction. The new content sites for ModelGeek, RailRoad Modelling, AeroScale and Armorma are yet to be released. I should have MG and RRM out in the next week and AeroScale maybe 1 week after that with hopefully Armorama’s done by Dec. 15. The archiving of the old sites may take a while as the data transfer alone can take days per site. Armorama’s may be days to archive and MANY days to download and upload again.

I see in the Armorama forums there are more and more posts titled as “FEATURE: ___” and am wondering if those are going to migrate to some future Armorama site or will they be the “new normal”?

No those are just the current articles going up on those sites and topics created here for them. When the new content sites go live it will work pretty much the same as the content posted for Model Shipwrights and AutoModeler do now.

Also, are there plans to add direct links to the “site content” sites from the current forums? What about links between the “content sites” and back to the forums?

There is a pulldown to go to “Our Sites” at the top left. A few still need to be added and the URLs for the sites will change as their new content sites are launched. And they will have links to the forums in their main menu.

Is there a post that lays out the general direction and tentative future plans and vision for the new network?

Not in the detail you are probably looking for. There is this of course:

Cheers,
Jim

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Jim! What really threw me were the forum posts in the Armorama forums section titled “Feature ___.”

Guess what I really need to do is just be patient! LOL!

Thanks, again!

1 Like