Gatehouse France 1944

Big Bamboo … still have the album and the bed sheet rolling paper … lol …

I’m late for supper, again,…But, I do like what I’m seeing!!! I dig the roof details, looks architecturally sound and the details tended to, beauty!!

If yer late fer supper that means ya gotta do the dishes …
A little this and that then on to the ivy .

Messin with some filters .

10 Likes

Fantastique!

what a fantastic building very good work :trophy:

Dishes be dammed, I staying up to watch this show!

Really great work as usual and looking even better with some “age” on it. Also apparent in a few pics are the enormous sizes of timbers available back in the “old days”.
Nice work buddy!
J

Hi Glenn,

Outstanding, simply outstanding…without being simple in the slightest, a work of architectural art, :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Possibly a crime to cover that in ivy – less is more grasshopper :tumbler_glass:

Looking over your original ref pic I see there really isn’t a ton of ivy, but I’ve seen how you make a building come to life, so I’m thinkin this is gonna be good either way.

Ruck Over bby!

Thanks guys , I won’t go crazy with the ivy like on the greenhouse but will add some , the green will offset and contrast all the earthen stone and block tones . The gatehouse is more of an image of the original ref. pic. , which is more of an inspirational guideline than a mirror image .
The real chateau gatehouse in the ref pic was built in 1752 , give or take a year .

1 Like

Hi, I haven’t seen this one before, looking great! Respect for all the work you’ve done. /Erik

Thanks Erik .
Far from done but still at it .
The hardest part was the balancing act of all the pieces for the pics.

5 Likes

Hey! Really inventive way of using the old Tamiya field kitchen limber.
J

Very nice wagon! Will there be horses as well?

Wow that’s unexpected, did you just make it up or what?! It is, of course, outstanding - how’s your ormolu pin-striping brushwork these days? :microscope: :tumbler_glass:

Thanks JR , Erik .
Erik , no horses , tongue will be on a piece of log . Very old unused carriage for the gatehouse big doors .
Thanks Tim , refed 17th and 18th century European horse carriages , came up with this .
Yepper , pinstriping fine lines sucks !!

Hi Glenn,

Brilliant, really like the look of the carriage, and the way you’ve adapted the kit parts, it’ll really enhance the already amazing gatehouse and give a real sense of scale, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Riding in style!