GAZ-AAA Cargo Truck - Miniart Kit 35127 - Unknown unit, The Battle o Kursk - June 1943

The new project, we continue with the transports, in this case a Miniart, a GAZ-AAA truck, kit number 35127. The cover of the kit and the littles advances in the model, my first experience with this kind of wheels and the truck motor …

Regards, Omar

5 Likes

You should enjoy that kit Omar, MiniArt did a great job. You won’t lose much hair, I went bald with this variant…

:tumbler_glass:

6 Likes

This truck is very good for you, I hope to achieve something similar, very good job.
:+1::beers:

We continue with the GAZ-AAA, assembled the frame, its design is well perceived, type H, the level of detail is excellent, it also brings its work, more detail more complex for its assembly, the plastic really behaves excellent … progress

Now I started with the bogies, in brief I will show that step…
Regards, Omar

2 Likes

Hi
More advances with GAZ-AAA, I am stopped the enthusiasm … many little pieces, troubles to take away out rebabas, tendency to break, the plastic is noble and permits the queue between parts without any problem, photos of advances …

Regards, Omar

3 Likes

Excellent work Omar, you’re correct that there are some too-delicate parts especially when most will never be visible. Please forgive posting these images but I’m trying to help - it looks like you’re at this stage…

…so the next stage should be the cab body…

This part was a b**ch because the instructions were not clear (to me), so hopefully this photo might help…

But the worst thing was the fit between the hood top, the side panels AND how they all connect to the cab front…

I don’t remember ever resolving whether I made a mistake (probably) or whether the kit parts were bad. All I can say is take extra care to avoid this, it’s the same problem on both sides. When I said before it was a great kit, I’d forgotten these issues :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

The hallmark of many Miniart kits but yours is looking great. Keep up the good work. :+1:

Tim
Your pictures, and comments are very important to me. I see that I will have long steps to make to the end.
I had some trouble with the instructions. I going to try to be careful.
Thank for yours advices.
Regards, Omar

2 Likes

Thank you Ryan for your comment, I hope I do not disappoint you and that it comes out as well as possible, we’ll see, ha ha …

1 Like

Hi
Some steps more, the problems with the instructions is a reality. You must change the order of the steps If you look for to have a good model. Some pieces of the PE are horrible. The support of the rear light is fine extrem, a piece that I had have to change.
The pics of the advances:

GAZ-AAA (13)

Regards, Omar

3 Likes

More advanced, was put the cover of the motor, some of problems when you want to put it in right position, to have to put is very difficult, You must to contemplate a lot of pieces,
You can view the results…

Regards

6 Likes

Yes it’s bringing back bad memories now, I feel your pain…and the bonnet/hood panels are next. Keep some medicinal alcohol nearby :tumbler_glass:

Sure. The kit painted differently, let’s hope we have passed the most difficult stage, ha ha … :woozy_face:

More advanced, now I´ve put the cabin in its right position, the GAZ - AAA truck goes take form …

Regards

3 Likes

Bravo! Those panels look perfect which proves I screwed up with mine! Looks excellent, as you say definitely conquered the difficult part :+1: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I don’t think you were wrong. Inside the engine compartment, the clutch pedal, brake, as well as the steering column did not mesh well. If I had followed the instructions, I would surely have had the same problem.
Your notice helped me.
Thanks, :+1: :beers:

1 Like

Good sirs
Ready the assembly or almost, they remain to place the hooks in the box. The great challenge is to paint it, since everything is already glued. With the idea of ​​placing a canvas … we’ll see what I decide.
opinions and comments are welcome …

Regards, Omar

4 Likes

Some of colours on the model, the advances, I will thing to put some fuel containers on the cargo box

Regards, Omar

3 Likes

Advances the painting process …

Regards

5 Likes

Nice work on the tricky cab assembly. Paint is coming along very nicely.

—mike