German camo question

I actually built that one, inaccurate and all, but it gives me something to practice my weathering/paint chipping/camouflage/etc… without sacrificing a good model.

1 Like

OC IPMS used to have an April Fools theme every April at the monthly meeting. One year somebody there built one of those Tamiya Panthers as a Pink Panther - solid pink in color with the cartoon Pink Panther head on the glacis.

1 Like

I love that you’ve done this. To be honest, I’ve wanted to do something similar for a while as an example that a model can look great even when its not historically accurate and help remind myself that the hobby is also meant to be fun. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Orders were issued towards the end of Dec. '44 to switch from Dunklegelb to Olivegrun, but it’s debatable if it ever was implemented before the end of the war as stocks of Dunklegelb had to be used up first. However, it does appear in some photos that, at least, some components, but not the entire tank, were painted in Olivegrun.
In response to outlined spots camo jobs, I would suggest that if a vehicle had the spots outlined first by brush, then infilled by spray gun (with the same color), the brushed outline would appear darker (because it is applied thicker and more opaque) than the infill. In B/W photos the outline and infill could appear as different colors. …Just a theory!
:grin: :canada:

More than a theory. As someone who has quicky-painted stuff that is what happens when I spray paint over large areas. My outlines are almost always darker in appearance because I go slower making the outline and thus more paint hits the surface.