German Railroad Warehouse

Starting a German railroad warehouse diorama. I am building a boxcar now. I will be using a depot from RT diorama.

8 Likes

Already waiting for the next update !! :+1:

2 Likes

Here’s a photo of the plaster kit. Of course several of the walls were broken but I have already fixed them using epoxy.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Whose kit is this?

Thunder Models

2 Likes

How is it?

I really like the looks of the finished building, although I find that side door a bit perplexing.

1 Like

It leads to the basement

The boxcar kit is very time consuming and very detailed.

2 Likes

Glued down subfloor but not walls

7 Likes

This company spent a lot of time detailing the undercarriage which you won’t see when the boxcar is placed on the tracks but it does look cool. Now that I know how this kit goes, the second car will be easier.

2 Likes

I guess I could buy two structures and make a full building - Great work going on here as always.

3 Likes

Working on railroad ties.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Just wow !

1 Like

That looks great

1 Like

I am really liking the build so far. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Today I will paint the rail and install them on the ties. Then I will start on the other three track sections.

2 Likes

I wish the model manufacturers would go so far as to actually provide proper steel or at least aluminum rail here.

Your tie work here has certainly surpassed anything I have done to date. Would you please elaborate on the paint and stain process you used?

2 Likes