German Railroad Warehouse

Only three more sections to go

10 Likes

Finished with tie plates and here are some more painted ties which will be mixed in with the darker ties. I should have the entire railway done today.

10 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

For that, you need to go over to model railroading suppliers. Unfortunately, Gauge 1 (1:32), the closest to the common 1:35 scale for military modeling, is fairly rare, being mostly used for garden railways. For the rail itself, you could also use G gauge (1:22.5), as the rail isn’t significantly different. Sunset Valley Railroad offers both track and just rail (look for ‘Rail Only’ in the top group) with aluminum rail; the tie strips they offer, unfortunately, incorporate American spikes and tie plates, rather than European designs.

2 Likes

Yes, one of those scales should work but the rail LGB uses seems far too large and the 1/32 scale trains usually run on the LGB product.

I would suggest checking rail made for the O Scale, 2-rail modelers (Proto48) group as that is made to scale size and 100 pound rail in 1/48th could easily pass for 80 pound in 1/35th.

1 Like

Once the tracks are placed on the diorama I will weather the ties more.

13 Likes

Any clues as to what’s going to be on the tracks apart from the wagon you have started ?

1 Like

An engine

1 Like

Damn… I was hoping for a King Tiger on a flat bed … :grin:

But we will all be very happy with an engine … As they are mega kits all on their own :+1:

1 Like

That will be another diorama I have planned. I have a steam engine, another box car and three flat beds. One will have a tank (probably a Panther), the other a Tiger and the third a halftrack. I might throw in a gondola.

3 Likes

Wow … That will be epic… I was only kidding about a King Tiger… But 3 flatbeds … That will be huge !!!

1 Like

Go big or go home!!!:joy: I love trains!!

3 Likes

I think a great many will be following all your build blogs from now on…

3 Likes

Time will tell…working on warehouse. Sanding/making walls and using epoxy. The problem with plaster kits is they are not poured evenly.

2 Likes

Letting epoxy dry. Then I will fill gaps with spackle. I might have to frame a subfloor and load bearing wall to support the two plaster roof halves. That will also include some rafters. Once I get the walls glued together I will have a better idea on how to proceed. Maybe I will put some German figures inside with office equipment.

4 Likes

Darn, I wish I had thought to use spackle. Feeling quite foolish now!

1 Like

Walls glued…now to make a run to hobby lobby to get some basswood to start framing subfloor, trusses and load bearing wall

7 Likes

Making subfloor

8 Likes

11 Likes