Gimme Some LUVin' Group Build

Just out of interest, and to stretch the rules to find their edges, how about ex-military vehicles now in civvie use, like the GPA turned into a sea-going micro-yacht “Half-Safe” (look it up, the story is almost unbelievable!). Or the Land Rover as seen in Daktari? Or does it need to be in military dress?

Then there’s the Italeri Horch - does this fall foul of the same interpretation as the WC-57 Command Car?

1 Like

Ex-military turned civilian is fine. The focus is on a jeep type vehicle that was used by the military not so much depicted as actually being used by the military. Re ‘Half-Safe’, Trust an Aussie to try something as crazy as that…

Yes, the Horch 108 1A and Type 40 would be the same as a the Steyr 1500 and Dodge WC. The Germans actually classified the Horch 108 as a ‘Schwerer geländegängiger Personenkraftwagen’, literally a heavy (not light) off-road passenger car.
http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Motor_Vehicles/Germany/Einheits-Fahrgestelle/s__Einheits-Pkw/s__einheits-pkw.html

I’ll join with ICM’s Australian Ford T.

There’s another figure I intended to have sat in the back.

4 Likes

Nice choice Stephen. Have a think about Magic Model’s replacement Lewis barrel, if you can find one. I bought one for my kit.

2 Likes

I am thinking of doing either an M151 hardtop, in either Dualtex or Masster or a Landrover “Pinky”.

fGaz66g

3 Likes

I’d go with a “Pinky” myself. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Alright. Here’s my contribution to the thread.

A very simple Tamiya “Schwimmwagen” Type 166 amphibious car. The kit features just two parts trees and a 1-piece “bathtub” style lower chassis.

Parts Tree A

Parts Tree B

Markings include a generic Wehrmacht set, a set for the SS Heavy Tank Battalion 101, Normandy, 1944 and one set for Panzergrenadier “Großdeutschland” Division, Russia, 1944.

This’ll be a fun build.

5 Likes

Wow Reynier… 5 months before kick off and I have no idea which of the suitable kits I have, that fit in the scope, I will build.

Good choice on your behalf, for sure.

Looks good. Thanks.

1 Like

I feel like the M151 will be my build choice. Which one, I have no idea. It will be a game time decision.

New plan cause I will probably start that kit sooner. The Das Werk Trippel SG6 a will be my choice.

2 Likes

I’d have to build the M151’s hardtop myself. I have the basic kit as a semi-leftover.

2 Likes

Nice but I think you are a few monyhs to early…

Could definitely be up for this with one of these:

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I want!!!
Is that 2 vehicles in 1 kit?

It is/they are.

Michael

I´m in with one of these (or two or three…)

4 Likes

Will be watching this with a lot of interest.
I’ve got one of these somewhere so it’ll be good to see how it builds.

Great entries Michael and Erik.

A question to @petbat. I have not participated in a Group build since old Armorama, will there be a different thread when the build starts or do we continue in this one?

Hi Erik.

This one was started as an actual build from the start. We will ask a moderator to make the thread live when the time comes.

This one came about because interest was expressed in another thread related to 2023 group build ideas, which is why started it as one that would continue.