Good Iran-Iraq War Documentary On PBS

I just wanted to bring to attention a decent docu thats been running on PBS America called The Iran-Iraq War: A Tragedy That Changed History.

This is a recent work and is a four parter. I’m currently into Part 2 and I’m quite impressed with it. The calibre of documentaries these days can be very changeable but the footage alone in this is worth the watch as it is brilliant- fantastic shots from both sides and some good interviews as well.

One of the advisers on the series is the French author Pierre Razoux who, at least to my knowledge, wrote the most recent book in English (although I believe it was originally published in French) on the war- it is a fantastic book in itself and worth the read if you are at all interested in this war. Good narration in the docu as well, by the English actor Samuel West.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information and heads up.

1 Like

Yes thank you gotta check that out.

1 Like

Thanks!

I think if I tell my wife, “let’s watch something on PBS” and then turn this on, I’ll be banished…

2 Likes

Sounds like some good viewing right up my alley.

1 Like

I didn’t realize PBS America was a UK thing. Doesn’t seem to be available in the Chicago area at least. But I will look forward to when it rolls around.

Oh, that’s strange- I assumed that what was on PBS America was also available in the US already. I would say it will probably pop up on a streaming service at some point too.

Yeah, I had the same assumptions. I will keep an eye out for it, it sounds interesting. Pierre Razoux’s book is really good so I’m looking forward to seeing this.

1 Like