Great War 2024

Group Build Title: Great War 2024

Group Build Leader(s): @phil2015

Group Build Description: Multi-genre subjects from the Great War. Ships, figures, armors, vehicles, planes, zeppelins, trains, etc. Builds partially started (less than 25% or so) welcomed.

Event Details: (Remember to click “Going” if you want to join the build!)

Completion Award: TBD

1 hour to complete your model ! Good luck :smile:

3 Likes

An Airfix 1/72 doubledecker from the eighties… should work :grinning:

man…

this has happened before

It is fixed now, but all the people who clicked “interested” early, have to reclick.

I have a mess of WWI armor in my stash. I will have to see how my other campaigns go before I commit.

1 Like

Failed to start on the last one - hopefully I’ll do better this time!

1 Like

Excellent! I am in with a Model T Ambulance purchased for the Great War 2023 Campaign.

2 Likes

I’m thinking either the CSM Belgian Minerva, probably in the 3-tone cammo. Just need to source some extra bits like Hotchkiss ammo boxes, stowage and figures.

Or The ICM Ford-T Ambulance. Pretty much everything I need for a little diorama is in the box already.

3 Likes

I dunno, my dance card for next year is already pretty full. But maybe?

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nice. Tell me about your Spad VII kits, please…

What would you like to know? They’re the Roden 1/32 kits. I have the Lafayette and French AF boxes to do Lufbery and Guynemer. Some day…

Pretty typical Roden kits, nice detail (not WNW, but still) and, as I understand it, rather finicky to build. But which Great War aircraft isn’t? They get good reviews and are good representations of the real thing.

Oh. I was hoping they were 1/48. Still, it would be nice to see one built. Just sayin’…

Oh, I see. Yeah, I gave up on 1/48 WWI a long time ago. Too small for me to do the rigging with my fumble fingers. I understand the Special Hobby SPAD VIIs are nice, but for me SH kits can be tricky enough without adding in struts and extra wings!

I am in! Maybe another tank or a biplane :slightly_smiling_face:

Now that I think about it - would a diorama with the finished tank from WWI 2023 be allowed as an entry?

I’m open to that idea… maybe. Tell me more about what you have in mind.

ive got a Mark IV and a Whippet arriving tomorrow from Santa, perfect timing :santa: :gift: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I’ll probably do another plane but that early armor is so tempting. Do we have anyone who wants to step in with a ship for this one?

The diorama would be typical WWI groundwork with barbed wire and shell craters. I think I have a figure or two to fit. Maybe a trench if I can pull it of.

That’s the basic idea :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think that will be fine.

Horridoo, I am joining the fray with my A7V Sturmpanzerwagen and its full (well almost) crew posing in front of it

Will be February or March when I will start it because I just started my Admiral Graf Spee at Modelshipwrights and this will keep me off the streets from some day already

For the Kaiser! :grin: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

4 Likes