Gruson Fahrpanzer emplacement

Ryan these look so good! Take your time with them!

2 Likes

You said a mouthful here, Matt!

:beer:
Angel

2 Likes

Here you go Glenn.

All the plastic.

Instructions layout

Painting schemes and extra bits you can purchase.

Appears you can build on and off carriage with the parts included. Instructions appear easy to use. The paint scheme lacks a 360 view. The only possible downside is the rounds are molded in the racks. So it would seem you couldn’t have the gun in the carriage and the door open as I doubt they traveled with the rounds stored. Overall the kit looks good and happy with the purchase at this point. I will reassess after construction.

HTH

8 Likes

Very cool Ryan , now I’ll get one or two .

3 Likes

My only advice would be- when building the kit, take care to position the parts you are supposed to glue other parts to as they’re drawn in the Instructions.
In other words- if the wagon frame or the “fifth wheel” is drawn upside down, first flip it around and then glue the parts.

HTH,
Cheers,
Angel

2 Likes

This one snuck in under my radar, it’s not often, if ever, that I would find myself saying this to a chap, but what a perfectly formed pair of beauties you have there Ryan, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:.

The simplicity of that track base really sets the model off a treat, enhancing without detracting…brilliant build my friend, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

5 Likes

Thanks G.

1 Like

Don’t remember if I showed you this at BBQ or here but …

gtrt

Gruson_Fahranzer_3

gturrettt

3 Likes

Really like it on the truck , is there a kit out there that would work or this scenario ?

2 Likes

You did not but I had seen most of them before either through google or Angel.

Photo 3 looks like WWI German position with a Mk4 in the background.

The truck look like a Liberty Series 2 truck but I am not up on my WWI trucks.

3 Likes

Ryan, just came by your thread and I even have something to contribute. Saw this little vignette of a Gruson Fahrpanzer at the model show in Koblenz earlier this month …

5 Likes

Interesting diorama. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Standing by to stand by :wink:

2 Likes

I’m working on it.

5 Likes

Cool Ryan , so that means we can see it finished at the next BBQ meeting ?

2 Likes

I don’t know but guessing not. I am having alignment issues today. Not 100% sure where the problem lies. Easily 60/40 the builder at this point is my guess.

2 Likes

My building has been slower than normal.

1 step forward and 2 steps back. Added a bunch of small bits and close to having the carriage completed. The gun case came apart during traveling to the club build night and back. Which is good since I was going to ripe it apart to get a better fit. 70/30 it’s my fault on the issue.

2 Likes

That really is one goof set up for a gun system, but they were trying. You could always use the “carpenter’s rule” and beat it in with a hammer, HA! :rofl: Just kiddin, I feel your pain.

2 Likes