Gruson Fahrpanzer

This is a project from the last week, for a local hobby club, a Gruson Fahrpanzer (one man small bunker with a cannon). Used by the Bulgarian army in in World War I, 30 were bought from the 5.7cm variant. I designed it with the small 3.7 cm cannon and 5.7cm cannon. Separate parts for the turret, body, wheels and cannon. I will print it the next days.

I hope you like it :slight_smile:

Cheers!

7 Likes

What scale are you printing it at?

Hi, the scale is 1/35. It is small, for one person.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Your just doing the exterior and not any of the interior?

For now only exterior, that was the request, interior will took more time, but I will design it.
Regards!

1 Like

Love it. So quirky.

1 Like

Really interesting. Will you be making the gun carriage also? Will you be selling copies?

Cheers,
C.

2 Likes

The majority of Farpanzer had a two man crew commander/loader and gunner. I think only the original proposals were single man crew although I must admit there were numerous design variations and several gun sizes fitted over the years.

1 Like

Nice subject. I made one years ago way before 3D printing existed. It is 1/24th scale for a Swiss mountain fortress diorama. See at this link. http://gn15.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3536&hilit=fahrpanzer

1 Like

Iā€™m considering making carriage also, an yes, if there is interest I will sell copies.
Regards!

3 Likes

Thank you for the info!
Nice diorama you did, cheers!

Thanks for the response. Iā€™d be interested. Let me knowi if you decide on making the carriage and what the likley cost would be.

Cheers,
C.

2 Likes

Add me to the list of interested people.

1 Like

Looks nice I think :slight_smile:

Cheers!

8 Likes

Cannot wait to see you have that under paint. :+1:

1 Like

Wow that really looks good. As well as the mobile self-contained systems the German also used the turret on some of their early post WW1 armoured trains. The turret was mounted on a 4 wheel open style high side cargo wagon with the top enclosed.

53DF39B3-A4C9-4FCA-9C75-592CA943021A_1_201_a

2 Likes