Harriet Tubman

This figure of Harriet Tubman is a kit-mash of a couple Master Box kits.

1. Marshal Tom Tucker, Molly and Rebecca Hanson. MB35203
  2. Frau Müller. MB35166

A few finishing touches and she will be finished. Thank you for looking.

8 Likes

Very nice work — especially on the face and skin-tone! One minor critique: Her left leg looks a bit odd, as though it’s hyper-extended. I do realize, this is how MasterBox sometimes animates their figures. Just sayin…

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment and comment.
Yes, it looks that way for now because it’s still on the ‘painting holder’. The torso and legs are from the Frau Müller kit. The figure will be more on her right toes and left heel. A walking stance.

1 Like

Excellent kit bashing K. Great paintjob on the skin tone.

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment and for checking out my build.

Ms. Tubman looks like she is ready to kick ass and take names!

2 Likes

Working on the pedestal this week. Ground-work is Celluclay and the two rocks are walk-path granite. The wet Celluclay looks like cold oatmeal right now.

2 Likes

While generally not my cup of tea, I do enjoy seeing these kinds of subjects. Historical, military (she’s holding a rifle) but not typically so. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Sorry but I just noticed Harriet is carrying a Winchester rifle which wasn’t available during the Civil War. The similar but correct Henry rifle is available in from ICM. Don’t bother with the weapons set as you get the full set (a pair of sprues) in the Confederate Infantry set and I understand the same is true for the Union infantry, so essentially you pay the same as for the weapons set an get the figures thrown in free! I went for the Confederates as (with the exception of the officer) they are an authentically nondescript bunch which can be adapted for use in other scenarios.

Regards,

M

1 Like

@Armorsmith Thanks for checking in and for your comment.

@MoramarthT Great inbox info for the weapons and figure sets!

1 Like

A couple years later and still working on this project. The base pedestal working out fine. I bought Woodland Scenics Field Grass to glue onto the base groundwork. This will be thigh high to waist high to, Harriet

@MoramarthT, I purchased the civil war kit for the correct rifle and this will replace the rifle I already painted and included earlier. Thanks again for the info

6 Likes

Building up the base with tall grass.

3 Likes

Nice to see you back at it!

2 Likes

I think I accidentally scratch built one of these :flushed:

7 Likes

Yes, Thanks for checking in. I’ll finally finish this figure this week with the base and new rifle.

4 Likes

She got lost in the long grass…
:grin:
Cheers,

M

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it all together. :+1:

4 Likes

The base should support your figure and theme. Too much could be a distraction. Most people do not choose to walk through thick vegetation but instead, walk down animal trails or around the thicker vegetation, especially in a dress.

3 Likes

Thanks for commenting on my figure build. I don’t have social access to the internets during the work day so I also appreciate your patience for the delay in reply :beer:

1 Like

Haha, Harriet is on the painting holder thing. I repainted the blue coat and almost finished.

Thanks for checking in. It will be soon.

4 Likes