Heart of the Beast AutoModeler Group Build

Hi Joel
I have a lot of Mustangs but they do not appear to qualify for this GB!
See D post to my Hornet.
Strange I swear that I can see a horse on the hood of your model.
:v:

Hi D
The word Hornet appears on the fender,

Richard,
Yep, the Mustang is prancing on the hood for all to see.

Joel

Richard,
I’m not sure, but I think that it has to appear on an emblem.
Joel

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

There seems to be a degree of uncertainty around the theme for this Group Build. The initial qualification (above) stipulated that the “Beast” had to be part of the manufacturer’s badge, not just a particular model car.

Perhaps we need to rethink and expand this to include vehicles with a name and emblem that represents part of the animal kingdom. This will expand the options available and avoid any further confusion.

Thoughts?

Cheers, D

1 Like

So it doesn’t count if the car (or kit) is a dog?
:wink:

Cheers,

M

1 Like

:joy:

We might make an exception there, but I would draw the line at a lemon!

Cheers, D

3 Likes

D,
I’m more confused then before.

In my case the Rosch IMSA/GTO Mustang has the traditional Ford blue circles on all 4 sides of the body, but the hood has a Mustang tri-color badge. I thought that would qualify, but now I’m thinking that it doesn’t unless we amend the GB Theme rules?

Joel

1 Like

Well D, I got slapped down on the badge vs. the model a long time ago. I’m set up to go either way now. But The 2009 Dodge Challenger is closer to the top of the stack now. :wave:

Ok, 6 weeks to go, time to make an executive decision!

It appears that the “Manufacturers Badge” criteria excludes a lot of kits that folks want to build, so I will broaden the net and make it simpler.

Let’s build anything with a BEAST in the picture! It can be in the manufacturer’s badge, the specific model badge, or even the name. This brings into the picture all of the Mustangs, Barracudas and Hornets for example.

Hopefully this clears things up and we can firm up our selections for The Heart of the Beast starting on April 1.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Only 4 weeks to go until we unleash the beasts folks, get ready to open the cages!

Cheers, D

1 Like

With 3 weeks until we Unleash the Beasts I want to try to get some more interest going here. How about we start posting up some images of the box contents for our builds and maybe some reference images ?

I’m going to stick with my Revell 1/24 Ferrari 250 GT California, it fits in well with my current crop of convertibles (Corvette and BMW) and is a great looking classic sports car. From the box we have the following info:
The Ferrari California is justly regarded as one of the most beautiful and most sought after convertibles of the 60’s. As a result of suggestions by two major American Ferrari sales representatives, the 250 GT Coupe “Berlinetta” developed into this Spider. The first 47 units were produced from 1957 to 1960, with some 50 more units following in the period from May 1960 to February 1963. Powered by a 3 litre V-12 engine, the California has a maximum speed of 280 km/h. Given its low production figures, the California is now a highly sough after, expensive collector’s item.

On to the contents. There are about 100 parts across 5 sprues (red, grey, black, chrome, clear) plus 4 very nicely moulded rubber tyres and a sheet of decals with about 10 license plate options.

There is some very nice detail on the engine and floor pan, and the chrome wire wheels look really good.

While I’m not an Italian sports car expert by any means, I love the styling of this one and I’m really looking forward to cracking in to the build.

Cheers, D

2 Likes

I’ll be watching.

I’ll be building this Porsche, however, it will not be yellow, silver or red, colour’s TBD.

And here’s the inside:

IMG_5652_1 IMG_5653_1 IMG_5654_1

2 Likes

I am going with a machine from Modena as well.
A Ferrari 312 F1-67, 3 litre V12 as driven by Chris Amon at the Italian GP.
It is a mixture of resin and white metal. Here is the starting point.

cheers
Michael

2 Likes

So, I’ve been looking for different schemes for this build and I found one on the PlayStation Community for GT Sport by an artist by the name of Syntex123. He’s got a variety of colour schemes based on this format but I like blue. I need the other side and have posted in the sub-Reddit, and if no one responds, it’ll be up to me and inspiration to figure out the other side.

2 Likes

Sure looks like a lot of guys are already in their starting blocks for April 1 start. I’m still trying to nail down my actual entry, but no matter what it is, it won’t be coming off the starting grid until I finish the Porsche 911 GT1 which has another solid month to go. But 4-5 months will be more then enough time for me to finish my build no matter what it is.

I gotta admit that I’m really excited to see Michael take on that multi media kit of the 1967 312 F1 Ferrari of Chris Amon. Can’t say that I saw it run at the Italian GP but i surely did at the Glen that year.

joel

Likewise, I’m looking forward to following the progress on that one, the teaser from Michael looks great!

Only 10 days to go until this one fires up, and I’m sure we will see another real variety of models put forward.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Well this is starting to look like it will be a grand group build, any way after some thought, and yes it did hurt :face_with_head_bandage: I’m thinking my build will change, it will be red, Italian and with a very long racing heritage with no prancing horse in sight.
I give you the beautiful Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce

Oh and it was available in colours other than red as this colour charts shows.

3 Likes