Helicopter 2 Campaign/Group Build Interest Thread

I’m not sure which kit to build. I have the kiowa oh58d from academy in the stash but I’d like to build a huey gunship or a South Vietnamese uh34 but I’d have to purchase those kits.

need to sleep on this one. :wink:

Ok, so I have the Academy 1/35th ah1z too, so I think I am up for this as well.

Good job on setting up the campaign here!

Thanks, Jim.

welcome aboard mate

Okay, decision made on my build. Maybe… Potentially… Pulled the pin and ordered the SH 60B direct from Kitty Hawk on yesterday. I have .pdf copies of the NATOPS SH 60B and the Blackhawk TM if anyone is building one of those helos and wants them for reference, they are big files however.

2 Likes

oh, good call mate, loving the artwork on the tail

Count me in, I have several Soviet helos in the stash.
Andy :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those building one of the Kitty Hawk 1/35 Naval H-60s, there is a minor issue with the Naval rotor head. Check here for a tutorial on how to fix it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/369828906819827/permalink/989974901471888/

A better step for assembling the rotor hub as well. It isn’t clear on the SH-60B/F instructions: Kitty Hawk, Panda Hobby, & Q'MEN group | For those of you who are building the SH-60B with the rotor blades folded, the instructions aren't clear about assembling that rotorhead

There are also some issues with the SH-60F and MH-60S initial release instructions.

SH-60F corrections: Kitty Hawk, Panda Hobby, & Q'MEN group | Just got in my SH-60F

MH-60S corrections: Kitty Hawk, Panda Hobby, & Q'MEN group | For you MH-60S builders, the corrected instructions I posted earlier from the factory were provided in low resolution and two pages per image

The SH-60B instructions seem complete.

2 Likes

Well I sourced this book and it was a little costly, but had to have it.
I’m ready for this to start.

1 Like

@HeavyArty thanks for the info Gino, will you be joining us in this campaign?

Count me in. I have a bunch of helos in the stash that I could do. I just have to decide which one.

1 Like

Book just arrived in the mail.
Well worth it!
Now if I could hear from Zactoman for some other stuff.

1 Like

Not going to join since I all ready started mine and almost finished, but i wanted to post to give some insperation.

3 Likes

Nice! What are those pens under the nose?

Zactoman has come through, I have a package inbound.
So it looks like I’m gears up for this one.

AK weathering pencils. The are very easy to work with.

1 Like

Pete, that looks awesome. You started and worked quickly on it. I love the KH H-60 kits. I may have to get started on an HH-60H conversion soon.

My -60B arrived bright and early on Thursday, complete with cookies for the dogs for not eating the FedEx guy. Woohoo!!! Is it time yet?

@white4doc

Christmas is the launch date, still time to buy those accessories and detail kits

1 Like

My Kit and accessory set: Academy 1/35 AH-1z, Legend 1/35 AH-1Z Viper Helicopter Rotor Blade Fold Set, Legend 1/35 AH-1Z Viper Helicopter Blade Fold Rack Set, Legend 1/35 AH-1Z Viper Helicopter Avionics & Ammo Bay Set, DEF Model 1/35 USMC AH-1Z FOD Cover w/RBF Tag, Eduard AH-1Z Masks.

image image
This is my whole haul of AM for this kit, I’m really surprised at the price of everything! It was only $145!

1 Like

I’m almost there as far as AM for the Kiowa.
Is it Christmas yet?