Helicopter 2 Campaign/Group Build Interest Thread

@Panzer_modeler wow that’s alot of cash for accessories, so they do those for the 1/48 version?

Im not sure if they do it for the 1/48 version. Im building the 1/35 one.

Hey Ezra,

I’m doing the same kit, although I won’t be upgrading to quite the extent you are! Are you doing anything with the interior, specifically seat harnesses?

Thanks, J.

I have all the above for mine as well, minus the masks. It all looks great and I can’t wait to start on it.

The Def pilots come w/PE belts for them.

Yes for the interior I think I will use the kits stock interior as it looks pretty good, and if in not wrong comes with a set of PE harness. I may look into a AM set for I feel like going crazier then i already am with AM. :smile:

Gino, the kit goes together very well minus some things that are missing that are on the real thing and some fragile parts. Plus, I’m at home all day, every day now with nothing to do but my husband/dad shores and modeling.

1 Like

Thanks Ezra, but I am not seeing any seatbelts in my kit. The small pe fret doesn’t have any and the instructions don’t mention them. I may go for the Eduard set;

And their interior set looks quite nice too;

If you are getting the DEF Model pilots, they come with a set of PE belts.

1 Like

Sorry Gino, yeah I meant to thank you for that info too. The more I look at them the more I am tempted…

I’m thinking that I’m going to change my build to the -60 Sierra, I saw an irresistible Hi-Vis paint job for the NAS Whidbey Island SAR birds. A friend of mine is on his twilight tour there and wants one; so I reckon I can start the Bravo and acquire the add ons for the SAR Sierra.

Somebody wanted a Huey. I’m afraid that this one is too far along.

Hopefully I’ll finish it someday. :wave:

2 Likes

Count me in! No idea what it will be yet, but I have a couple in the stash. Maybe an ADF Viper?

3 Likes

So I decided to go with the eduard big Ed set for my academy 1/35th ah-1z. The pilots look great but figures are not my strength. I don’t know if I can wait until Christmas, I don’t have anything else on the go just now!

Cheers, J.

1 Like

I understand, I have wanted to start my Phrog a few times.

1 Like

I won’t tell anyone if you don’t…Ha!

1 Like

Heads up everyone, Sprue Bros DOTD today: KH HH-60G for $84.99! Tempted to get another!

1 Like

@markiii can you give us a link please, thanks

Not Mark, ends 12/21
https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/kth50006.htm

Today’s DoTD and ends tomorrow:
https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/kth50006.htm

To bad I used up all my Christmas money…