Helicopter 2 Campaign

@iwatajim hi Jim I don’t have a problem with you doing a build log for it as another thread, have that kit in the stash as well.

1 Like

1st test fit, the starboard fuselage half is a bit warped. Hoping I can work it out.

2 Likes

Thank you.This is the point it’s at now

Uploading: 3D5214BF-EE8B-42B3-B7F3-70588437A26A.jpeg… Uploading: 9163B100-9B99-4380-A194-95B6ACDC03FB.jpeg…

5 Likes

Excellent bud, @Klaus-Adler, it’s going to be a pretty large piece I think!

Thanks, Jim.

1 Like

Excellent bud, @Klaus-Adler, it’s going to be a pretty large piece I think.

I was think I might swap it for the 1/48 version, hopefully I could find someone on here who might be interested.

1 Like

I actually quite like the 1/35th size. I have a hasegawa 1/48th Apache finished and, while I love it, I wish someone would do a nice 1/35th AH-64D. Although 1/48th is much easier to display and store!

1 Like

Can only see one photo and some lines that say uploading.

Will upload again

6 Likes

Fuselage is for the most part built, and the first camo scheme is on.
A little seam work was needed on the forward fuselage.

Andy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was fast and looks good so far.

Thanks, second camo scheme is about to go on now.
Well once all the cockpit and engines are done, the rest of it is pretty easy, and it does help I’m off work atm :joy:.
Andy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cockpit started on the AH-1Z. Decided just to use the screens from the eduard set, and the seatbelts of course. I can’t bring myself to start removing the quite nice detail on the kit for rather flat detail on the eduard set, lovely though it is.

Quite a few ejector pin marks to deal with but the plastic is nice to work with. Some ejector marks to remove on the inside of the fuselage half’s and then time for some black paint.

Cheers, Jim.

4 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

Well, now that i have finished this:

I can finally get started on this:

5 Likes

so here is the start of the kit, i have almost completed the first step for he cabin interior as well as working on two hellfire missiles and the external ammo storage for the pylon mounted gun. This work was sponsored by Morgan’s Rum and Disk 2 of my SPACE:1999 Boxset :rofl: :innocent:

6 Likes

Work is progressing on my Kiowa, very slowly though.
From left to right: Werners Wings doghouse with some internal bulkheads added, still more work to be done.
Cockpit glare shield with deepened stowage pockets, prepping to add the airbags.
Initial cockpit assembly with resin seat cushions.

Other work I have done (not pictured) I puttied up the fictional panel line on the top and bottom of the rotor blades.
Started assembly of the turbine engine .
PS: This thread has picked up pace, good to see!
:

3 Likes

@markiii you will need to show us the work on the rotor blades as well.

as for this thread being a little slow that was my fault as I was preoccupied with finishing the 30th gulf war campaign. Now I can focus on this campaign more now.

Well a few in progress shots right at the start and midway through. Scratched the pivot mechanism for the pilots pedals as to me this is a glaring omission and put some wiring, ducting and junctions in the pilots footwells. Got most of the cockpit done, no weathering done yet though and still got the instrument panel to finish, it’s just perched on there at the moment. Cut out and made the bins where the pilots store log books etc. in the instrument panel deeper as they were really shallow. It needs touching up as some paint has come off due to handling. Seatbelts are from Eduard and they look the part to me as they have enough contrast in a predominantly black cockpit too be clearly visible. Re-shaped the cyclic and collective heads as they were the wrong shape, and although not perfect they are a lot better than before.
I’ve scratched the insides of the rotor cowling as otherwise it’s just a large open shape. Anyway pictures below.

5 Likes

Looking really nice. Great job so far. I have stated on a new helo too, but not the HH-60H I posted above.

1/32 UH-34D Conversion

@Maximus8425 that’s some amazing work you’ve done there, I can’t wait to see more.