Helicopter 2 Campaign

It looks great. Good job on it.

1 Like

That is perfect yellow. Over here it is said that yellow is extremily difficult to airbrush. Is there any truth in that? if Yes, how did you come to this result?

1 Like

@drabslab and @HeavyArty - Thank you! Well, I actually painted it by hand with the brush :smiley:
It was an acryl paint by Humbrol (which are not too recommendable, because they tend to dry out even in the unopened container…) and yes, it took more than one layer and some finishing in some places. But it worked out in the end :wink:

1 Like

Lovely work Peter!
Reminds me how much I miss seeing the old yellow Sea Kings.
Last one I saw was up in Scotland a year or so before their retirement. We’d been up to Ben Nevis in the cable car and one came flying past. Almost at the same height we were walking! Unfortunately by the time I had gotten the camera out of my pocket, it had gone. Always remember it.

2 Likes

wow you did a magnificent job using hairy sticks to paint that helicopter.

as for a campaign gallery, I don’t think they are an option with the new site but I will ask around as I thought they were tied in with the old site which is just an archive.

2 Likes

@Klaus-Adler @phantom_phanatic - Thank you for your kind words, mates. Always liked the yellow ones!
Cheers
Peter

1 Like

how are we all doing? I plan to start my academy 1/35 OH-58D Kiowa “Thugs” this weekend…wife permitting of course.

I have looked at the box and thought about it, does that count? Might be able to start in a few weeks.

1 Like

Yeah, I have been procrastinating on mine. I really should get going on it.
Look forward to your progress.

1 Like

Well I have been cracking on with the Zvezda Hind.
Cockpit done

And the engines, which are going to be covered up.

Andy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Holy cow Andy that’s some amazing work you’ve done there. that engine looks amazing, I thought it was the real thing it’s that good and that garish aqua colour in the cockpit reminds me of the time I was in a mig-21 cockpit. not the sort of colour you want to see first thing in the morning if you have a hang over :joy::yum::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Pit looks good. How was the aftermarket to install?

It’s a poor man’s drunk test, if you cannot stand it then you can’t fly, otherwise a little O2 and your good to go.

3 Likes

Thanks,
Th engine could do with some more detail to be honest, but as I am building it with the engine covers in place I couldn’t see the point of adding anything else.
I do love that cockpit green, so different from the normal black most post war aircraft and helos have.

Thanks.
The Eduard SPACE set is easy to install as they are 3D decals. They don’t need very long in water to come off the backing paper and with a little white glue, stick down well.
The hardest part is matching the decals to paint.

2 Likes

@betheyn - Great job so far, Andy, the 3D decals are looking very real! Following your work :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Thanks.
The fuselage is now together, and has been primed, just haven’t took any pics of yet.

1 Like

Well I. Finally cut some plastic on the OH-58D today, no pics yet as nothing much to show. Also, snagged the resin pilots from my KittyHawk HH-60 to crew this, started prepping them for paint.

1 Like

Hello question to you guys can I enter a started old 1/35 scale dragon OH 6a,cockpit semi complete and thats it.

@markiii yeah that’s fine for the OH-6

I think I’m going to make a start on my AH-1Z. Don’t know how much of the Big Ed set I’ll use. All looks nice, let’s hope it goes together as well as it looks.

Is it ok to run a concurrent thread of my own David, @Klaus-Adler? I like having the reference for future reminiscences!

Cheers, Jim.

4 Likes

Ah that’s for @oliver