Heller VBCI with a bit of extra work

Thank you all for the comments. However it looks like I goofed for the stowage bags color. What I took for a sand color could just be sand over a camoed fabric. I have to confirm that before going on with the weathering.

Olivier

Here are some more pictures. The bags have been painted in a darker tone and got several washes to look more dirty. I’m close to the end.

Olivier

11 Likes

Excellent job there and great scratch skills!

1 Like

Thank you for the comment. :wink:

Olivier

1 Like

It turns nicely Olivier, maybe the tires are too much earth brown covered.

Thank you Stephane. For the tires I decided to represent heavy weathered ones like on the following picture.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/11/06/57/10/sam_2210.jpg

Olivier

3 Likes

Olivier, are you sure that image isn’t just your finished kit and you’ve taken it outside to fool us with a natural shot under the sun … Tyres look perfect :+1:

2 Likes

Can’t be the same one John. Olivier actually inflated his… :wink:

2 Likes

Peerless Olivier, simply peerless.

1 Like

Olivier, somehow I missed this topic until today. You’ve done some excellent scratch building and detailing. The finish and weathering are very nice. Scratching / detailing an interior like this is a very time consuming enterprise. Congratulations for tackling it and getting these excellent results.

Rick

1 Like

Thank you Rick. I still need to add a bit more dust on the registration plates and it’ll be finished.
I really had fun finding the good references to improve the interior. I know it’s not 100% accurate but it’s better than the Heller rendition of the interior.
If you don’t intend to show the interior the kit is not a bad one. Unfortunately it’s going harder and harder to find.

Olivier

1 Like

top level job
thank you to share with us your experience!

1 Like

Sharing experience is the gist of a modeling forum. :wink:

Olivier