Hello all from Massachusetts

I am into BIG models (1:32 planes, 1:200 or 1:350 ships, 1:35 AFVs). Right now I am starting (yet again) the 1:35 Dora. I am also building a 1:350 NCC-1701A Enterprise. You might think “hey, this guy must have lots of space at home”… NOPE!

I keep telling my wife it is only the boxes that are big…

I summary, I am joining this group with ulterior motives as when my wife finds out the final sizes of this things, I will probably be asking for asylum…

Happy to be here!!

16 Likes

John, welcome to the forum. There a lit of excellent content and many knowledgeable individuals. Looking forward to seeing one of your big scale projects.

3 Likes

Welcome along John!

1 Like

Welcome aboard from Nova Scotia. Its’ a wicked place for info here.

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hello from Minnesota!

1 Like

Welcome John,

Yep “space” is indeed the final frontier for those of us who don’t live in mansions or palaces…so that just leaves you & me right? Regarding spousal complaints, I’ve found the ultimate peacemaker is to quietly measure up the cubic capacity of SWMBO’s clothing collection/belongings and compare it with one’s model storage. Assuming the result is in your favour it should never be spoken of again.

(Give my regards to Lorimer Rd & Howells Rd in Boston if you’re anywhere near, twice during the 60’s it was Paradise for this Brit kid, in winter & summer)

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! Asylum seekers, please queue up orldely to the left…

Enjoy the ride!:saluting_face:

1 Like

Welcome aboard! We have very similar interests. Be careful with that 1/350 Enterprise. The finished model is GIGANTIC. :flushed:

1 Like

Welcome to the madhouse John. Loads of knowledge floating about in the various forums and make sure you enjoy exploring the place. Look forward to seeing your builds.

1 Like

Welcome I myself am new here as well I’m interested in maybe trying my hand at a ship at a later date may start out with a 1/700 scale. I am having a space issue myself however mine may be changing soon.
I look forward to seeing how your Enterprise turns out.

Regards.

1 Like

Welcome from Florida!

1 Like

Welcome aboard.

2 Likes

Youkoso and welcome!

Luckily, I have space in my office for my completed models. Retirement could present a problem…

:beer:

1 Like

Hello from the other coast. Aren’t you supposed to be getting ready for the summer Stripers instead of building models. lol

2 Likes