Help me choose A9 or A10 cruiser

Yep - it’s very much a case of “be careful what you wish for”! The manufacturers are just giving us what we demand - no more, no less. :slight_smile:

I like Indy links but think I’d draw the line at some of the new 6-7 piece per link ones. 700 pieces per track run doesn’t interest me

I do it my way …
I make the tracks stiff since workable doesn’t interest me.
Yes, I know, workable tracks are, or are at least perceived to be, easier to install
BUT
this ease of installation comes at the cost of difficult assembly.
SO I do it my way.
The straight parts get glued stiff, no faffing about trying to keep them workable.
Bends around idler and sprocket are also fixed, assembled and glued to fit the curve.
The top run is shaped from a point one or two teeth onto the sprocket and back to meet
the other end of the track at the idler, sag added between return rollers if it is dead track.
For live tracks the excess get taken up by sag below the idler and sprocket.
The extra time spent pre-shaping the track sections is a lot less than the hassle of trying
to keep everyting movable while preventing it from falling apart.
Not planning on pushing my tracked vehicles across the carpet so workable tracks doesn’t matter to me.

I do almost exactly as you describe for tank I know will be static, but I like to keep tracks workable for dioramas. My Churchill build will be from deep and the workable tracks are a must to get the right sag/bump over terrain.

Option 2 would be to build the terrain first and then do as good describe. I agree a lot of effort is wasted making things moveable like guns when 99% of the time it will sit on a shelf and not move

If I were to try and shape a workable track between roadwheels and uneven ground it would most likely end up in a broken track and lots of frustration.
A working suspension is also mostly a gimmick so I would decide on the shape of the ground, adjust the road wheels accordingly and then shape the tracks to fit.

No idea. Lack of snow is nice lol. Food in Texas is really nice. But probably the $8 sprue bros shipping. So many lightning deals I’ve watched go by due to shipping

1 Like

I forgot which part your moving to but Tajas has snow, some parts more then others. Granted not like your used too.

I’ll be down in Houston. Not too much snow, but as we saw last winter when it happens it crippled the area.

I actually don’t get to much snow in my area of Canada but it gets very cold, a couple weeks ago it was -40 Celsius for a couple weeks straight

1 Like

I got 40+cm today with drifts over well over 1m. Enjoy some sunshine for me.

Hey @DennisatAutoloader, you get dug out yet?

2 Likes

Will do. I’ve heard the east is getting battered right now

2 Likes

My SIL lives there, they had more snow last year then we did.

You are going to go from -40 to 40 in a year. :joy:

Lol, that winter storm they got was crazy! I know, but of a shock lol. On Christmas Day it was 56 degrees warmer in Houston than here

1 Like

@Canmedic Mr. Toyota decided to turn my Prius into a van.

I dug myself out by morning, but driving on my street was weird. I’ve never carried traction boards in a hatchback before, and the way the car was swishing around I decided that it now has earned a designation as a rally car.

2 Likes

Yikes looks like you guys got all of the snow for the whole country

1 Like

Whelp, patience pays off. I just arrived in Texas and Andy’s hobby HQ has BOGO 25% off gecko kits so I might get both.

5 Likes

Now the man is talking…

1 Like

You can never have too many early war tanks!

2 Likes

Good things come to those who wait…

2 Likes

He has good service

1 Like

Continental green or Western Desert stone? :wink: