Help, my T-28 DS tracks have liquified in the package

No point trying to salvage them. They will continue weeping oil and then just crumble on their own… No-one has ever had good news after the DS went this way.

1 Like

I was just curious to see if it was indeed a chemical breakdown of the resin. I’d open them up, rinse them off. Then I’d inspect them for detail integrity. Finally I’d poke them in a few spots with a metal probe to see if they are at all soft.
The liquid has to have come from somewhere, but if the tracks check out as solid… that liquid could all be mold release lubricant.

It might be, on the other hand it could be the compaound used to make the DS soft.
If it continues to leak you will end up with tracks hard and brittle as breadcrumbs.

If the tracks in their bag starts looking like this, the bag is molding itself to the shape of the track links

then you may end up with tracks looking like these, still in their original bag.

I rolled them over my finger to create this end result

Use DS at your own risk and peril. If the completed build will be tossed away after a few months to
make room for the next masterpiece then the DS may be OK but don’t let them rest unbuilt in the stash for too long

3 Likes

All the Black Label kits are also “smart kits” as far as I believe.