HGBARNES has passed

I’ve just received notice that @HGBARNES passed away this past weekend. He was a regular poster here on KitMaker with many inspiring and talented builds. H.G. was also a very kind individual who never failed to help those he could in the Edmonton community. Many will miss him.

Sincerely,
Colin

16 Likes

Yes Colin, there has been discussion in some other threads about the very sad news. He will be missed greatly.

1 Like

Thanks Peter,

I missed those discussions.

1 Like

I am very sorry to hear this. We had just conversed via email last month. He was a regular contributor both of content and financially to KitMaker. He will be missed.

@petbat Which threads were these. I would like to see them.

7 Likes

I was very sad when I heard about the passing of HG. He was one of a kind and leaves a big gap in our community. His kindness for everyone here will sure be missed.

Jim, first note of his passing was mentioned by Brian O Neill in his thread

7 Likes

Sad news, he will be missed. Rest in Peace.

1 Like

May he rest in peace.

Such is life …

1 Like

Brian @Redhand has said that once he has had some time and gathered his thoughts about his friend H.G, will be writing an obituary here for him in the memorandum section… Again, it is a very sad loss for the network…

3 Likes

RIP to a gentleman and a very fine modeller.

1 Like

He will be sorely missed, his feedback was always positive and helpful.

G

2 Likes

This is why I continue to increase my stash in my senior years. When I end up in that big hobby shop in the sky (hopefully) I will have accumulated a big enough stash to win! Presumably, the prize is a brand-new kit when you arrive! :worried: :zipper_mouth_face:
:smiley: :canada:

5 Likes

H.G. was an outstanding modeler and contributer to the community with kind manners. Definitely will be missed.

4 Likes

At a loss for words I can only say I’ll miss his participation here on KM, we certainly never had the opportunity to build any type of friendship and I can only regret that loss but we were perhaps kindred spirits in our enjoyment of the hobby and the aircraft represented and remembered in our builds. As for the rest of you guys . . . let me just say I was literally shocked to see the headline of this post, so y’all take care of yourselves I don’t want to read of another long distance association lost.

Rest in peace H.G., God bless, you’ll be missed.

Cajun :crocodile:

11 Likes

Sad news and he will be missed here.

Condolences to his friends and family.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear of his passing. He was good people and always a positive presence here.

3 Likes

R.I.P. HG! :cry:

3 Likes

The thing is that you converse with gentlemen on this site and the subject of age rarely comes up. We’re all gregarious chaps and a bit child-like, so we all come across the keyboards as being 30-somethings. But that’s not the case. It’s easy from grammar and phraseology to spot the teenagers, but guys after 40 it’s a crap shoot, we all converse the same. Since seniors have learned the web and personal photos are so seldom, we really have no idea of the age of the men we are conversing with. There are gentlemen that are building into their 80’s and 90’s, they are in the midst of a build, you chat with them that day on Armorama, and that night they drift off to sleep and don’t wake up. You had no idea he was 95, you just knew him by a first name as a fellow modeler. Dare I say from all the conversations I’ve had that the huge majority of Armorama members are on the back side of 50. Time is passing at a steady rate and we’re not getting any younger. We will lose friends and Master Modelers at a steady rate. It’s just getting to be that time…

11 Likes

Sad but true …

3 Likes